PDA

View Full Version : I love stuff like this, something you may never see again.

Rich250RRacer
02-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I really like rare, one-off, or collectors edition stuff, especially when it's quad or bike related. This just about tops anything I've seen so far. I've always wanted one of these, but I surely couldn't pay what this guy is going to get for them.

This is a pair of '86 Z50R's, the chrome Christmas Special edition, NEW IN THE CRATE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310024645789&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

chevy
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
those r sweet!!!!!!!

Ralph
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
That is very cool. I wouldnt be surpised if honda bought them up.

As far as things like these. I know a guy who has the very first Toyota landcruiser Chassy (s/n ...0001) with the second engine (s/n .....00002) in it.

He got it from a guy who owed him money and had it stashed in an old garage and had no idea it was the first.

Anyways, he contacted toyota and they offered him like 30k for it which pissed him off because he felt he was being lowballed.

He refused the offer and toyota kept giving him higher offers but he was pissed they tried to low-ball him so he kept saying no. Last time i talked to him they had offered him a million or so and were emailing him every month or so with higher offers.

Hes still mad that they tried to cheat him out of such a valluable vehicle and says he will not sell it for any amount of money and is now restoring it himself. I saw it a little while ago and the thing looked MINT.

Which 450?
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
That is very cool. I wouldnt be surpised if honda bought them up.

As far as things like these. I know a guy who has the very first Toyota landcruiser Chassy (s/n ...0001) with the second engine (s/n .....00002) in it.

He got it from a guy who owed him money and had it stashed in an old garage and had no idea it was the first.

Anyways, he contacted toyota and they offered him like 30k for it which pissed him off because he felt he was being lowballed.

He refused the offer and toyota kept giving him higher offers but he was pissed they tried to low-ball him so he kept saying no. Last time i talked to him they had offered him a million or so and were emailing him every month or so with higher offers.

Hes still mad that they tried to cheat him out of such a valluable vehicle and says he will not sell it for any amount of money and is now restoring it himself. I saw it a little while ago and the thing looked MINT.

sounds like bs to me. Who wouldnt sell a vehicle normally worth a few grand for a million dollars?

Ralph
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Which 450?
sounds like bs to me. Who wouldnt sell a vehicle normally worth a few grand for a million dollars?

Easy, i can think of several reasons of the top of my head. I dont know why exactly he doesnt want to sell it now, but i imagine its a combination of the three.

1.) The guy is already well off and money may not be the big issue here. He could of only offered to sell it toyota for the sake of it being put in their museum

2.) Think of it as an investment. The reason the vehicle is worth so much is because it is the first and thats something that will never go away. It wasnt worth this much when it was first sold because it wasnt special, but now it is gaining value every year. He can take his sweet time selling this thing, its not loosing any value.

Think Stocks; you dont wanna sell till you think they have risen has high as you think they can, unless you need the money ofcourse (see point 1). Toyota is only growing so im sure they will have the money to buy this vehicle 10 years down the road.

3.) Its the same reason people pay $500,000 for a Mercedes SLR or any other supercar. You think most of those chaps ever unlock the full potential of those vehicles. I sure dont, but they throw down big money to have something special not many others have. Its the same concept except he didnt have to pay to have something special, and its something no one else has or ever will.

pro-rider46
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Ralph

3.) Its the same reason people pay $500,000 for a Mercedes SLR or any other supercar. You think most of those chaps ever unlock the full potential of those vehicles. I sure dont, but they throw down big money to have something special not many others have. Its the same concept except he didnt have to pay to have something special, and its something no one else has or ever will.

i know that you said most dont ever unlock there full potential, but it reminded me of this awesome video. sorry if i think im jacking the thread

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bg27ckAgEiw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bg27ckAgEiw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

derekhonda
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM

Some people have pride and if he felt he was wronged and doesn't want to sell it, then he doesnt have too.

I would though. hahaha

Ralph
02-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Some people have pride and if he felt he was wronged and doesn't want to sell it, then he doesnt have too.

I would though. hahaha

I hope to god i had done what he did. Imagine knowing how much it was worth after taking 30k for it. I would sell it at a million but i sure could use the money.

And thinking back, ( i dont remember exactly) im pretty sure he was mad about the lowball offer because he had heard news of toyota offering more for a different car that didnt have the first chassy.

Also, let me just remind everyone that im going off memory here and i could be off a bit on some of the numbers and picky little details. I can assure you its the truth though and he was offered a boatload for the car.

--------------------------------------------

Back to the Mini Bikes though, anyone thinking about buying these? Any collectors out there?

312R1
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I really like rare, one-off, or collectors edition stuff, especially when it's quad or bike related. This just about tops anything I've seen so far. I've always wanted one of these, but I surely couldn't pay what this guy is going to get for them.

This is a pair of '86 Z50R's, the chrome Christmas Special edition, NEW IN THE CRATE.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310024645789&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

Thats awesome...I remember tearing up the neighbor hood on one back in the day..:eek2:

my88r
02-19-2008, 11:54 PM
that's cool. I'm waiting on the day that theres a 250r still in the crate. but theres a slim change of it. but it would be cool.:eek2:

Kickstarts-suck
02-20-2008, 01:21 AM
I want his 350x :eek2:

jcv400ex
02-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd love to have his 350x, but i'd ride the tires off of it! He can't expect to get more than say $4,000

nickmelll
02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by my88r
that's cool. I'm waiting on the day that theres a 250r still in the crate. but theres a slim change of it. but it would be cool.:eek2: ive heard that skips honda in cumberland MD has 1 or 2 along with a few othr quads in the crates

trick450r
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM

a few grand huh? a restored fj40 or that one could be possibly an fj25? of any year is worth well into the 30k range let alone the very first one.

i've had about 13 of them in 4 years.wish i could come across one like that.

Quadfather
02-21-2008, 02:50 PM
I have a 1979 Suzuki DS 185 that literally has maybe 20 hours on it. It sat in the garage with a blanket over it for 26 years. Last summer, I went out and decided to see if it would start. I changed the fluids and the air filter, and it fired up on the third kick. I was amazed.

I remember my dad paid $780 for it new.

jcv400ex
02-21-2008, 06:23 PM
That tool thinks he'll get $7,500 for that 350x! It's a damn three wheeler!!! It's not a Corvette or a Camaro!!! I'd NEVER pay that much for a three wheeler... I wouldn't give him more than $4,000 for it...what where they brand new, $2,100???

Dr89
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
That tool thinks he'll get $7,500 for that 350x! It's a damn three wheeler!!! It's not a Corvette or a Camaro!!! I'd NEVER pay that much for a three wheeler... I wouldn't give him more than $4,000 for it...what where they brand new, $2,100???

no my good sir, your the tool. more than 7 days left and the current bid is $4,050. before you go ranting make sure you have at least the slightest clue as to what your talking about. it's extremely probable that bikes (including the 350x) like this guy has, in their current condition, are literally extinct.

and what model corvette or camaro's would you be talking about because about 80% of those cars ever made aren't and will never be a collectors item worth anything at all. you can find a really nice 2nd gen camaro for like 2 grand all day long.

my88r
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
i could definitely see 7500 for it. if i had the extra cash it would be in my garage.:D

Rich250RRacer
02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
The bikes are at $25,000 with five days to go and the reserve still isn't met.

my88r
02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
The bikes are at $25,000 with five days to go and the reserve still isn't met.

i been watching it. i thought 20,000 would be the reserve.:eek2: :eek2:

jcv400ex
02-23-2008, 09:14 PM
DR89, get back on the porch...there are THREE, yes I said THREE 350x's in the SAME condition within 50 miles of my little piss ant town of Kane,PA. And all three are owned by different people.. One a guy bought 2 years ago for $3,500...and it DOES NOT have the paint worn off of the side cases like this one, and YES it is original, 100%.
So do not tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, in fact I'll go get some pics of the 350x I'm talking about and send them to you...the guy is a tool! Prob. doesn't even know how to ride, just trying to rip people off...

Dr89
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
the auction doesnt lie dude, he's got over $5000 already.

im going to guess the reserve is $30,000 on those bikes!!?? :eek2:

Cr85rRida
02-24-2008, 09:48 AM
27,100 rezerve not met :eek2:

Dr89
02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
hey i've got a question for anyone who knows a little bit about these vintage mini bikes....

a while back my uncle bought one of those old mini trail z50's (its the orange one in the front right of the line of bikes) anyways he got it for like $50 to teach his boys to ride and since then i've tried to buy it from him to restore it and so far he wont sell haha...but it runs great, starts easy, but is a little rough lookin, restored what would you say one of those little bikes is really worth? i'm just wondering if it would be worth it to get it from him and restore it and then sell it and split it halfway with him, like would i at least get back the money it took to restore it?

Which 450?
02-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
a few grand huh? a restored fj40 or that one could be possibly an fj25? of any year is worth well into the 30k range let alone the very first one.

i've had about 13 of them in 4 years.wish i could come across one like that.

yea ok thats fine, but a million?

CRich[814]
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by my88r
that's cool. I'm waiting on the day that theres a 250r still in the crate. but theres a slim change of it. but it would be cool.:eek2:

i take it you haven't seen the pic of like 10 R's in crates in some garage? both 3&4wheels.

Cr85rRida
02-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
i take it you haven't seen the pic of like 10 R's in crates in some garage? both 3&4wheels.

find the pic for us please:D

Dr89: Id say fix it up and keep it... its a peice of history and the only reason these bad boys are goin for so much is the fact their mint in the crate...plus theres two of them as well. Also it wouldnt be original if it was restored...im not sure on the exact value but i cant imagine it being enough to go threw all the trouble for.

$0.2

CRich[814]
02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Cr85rRida
find the pic for us please:D

i don't have it. it was floating around on this site though.

Dr89
02-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Dr89: Id say fix it up and keep it... its a peice of history and the only reason these bad boys are goin for so much is the fact their mint in the crate...plus theres two of them as well. Also it wouldnt be original if it was restored...im not sure on the exact value but i cant imagine it being enough to go threw all the trouble for.

yea of course it wont have value like these, i was thinking like a few hundred, like i said my uncle bought it for 50 bucks so...and i meant restore as in disasemble and refurbish the stock parts as it is whole....anyone know what they go for?

my88r
02-25-2008, 06:42 PM
$31,300.00 Reserve still not met:rolleyes:

coryatver
02-25-2008, 06:46 PM
i dont' think he wants to sell them that bad a lot of those collectors put it on ebay like that just to show them off

jcv400ex
02-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, that guy is just bragging...he doesn't want to sell them...

jcv400ex
03-16-2008, 07:21 PM
buy this and put it on ebay...

350x (http://classifieds.pennswoods.net/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi?mode=view&viewcategory=Motorcycles_ATVs&adindex=105596)