PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone run a SS clutch or throttle Cable???

baker400ex
02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
I've seen a few different companies that have stainless steel braided clutch and throttle cables. Does anyone run these? any noticable difference...soften up the throttle or clutch pull????

Also is anyone running a Tokyo Mod carb spring??? I've heard they soften up the throttle a bit as well...please n thanks for ne responce!!!!!!

NJ450rider
02-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I had streamline SS throttle and clutch cables on my 400ex. They stretched so far i couldnt take the slack out anymore. IMO they are over priced garbage. Motion pro cables are the best by far.

Never heard of that spring mod either. My throttle is really light as it is now. I dunno if id want it lighter.

tar
02-19-2008, 06:04 PM
I have a streamline clutch cable on my 400ex and it helped a lot. I havn't had any problem with it stretching at all.

XtremeChick
02-19-2008, 11:37 PM
I've used the Terry Cable SS clutch and throttle cables with no problems. I also use the Tokyo Mods spring and it made a difference in my thumb endurance.

02-20-2008, 05:28 AM
never heard of ss clutch and throttle cables, but i can't see much of a use for them except for looks...

i have used the tokyo mods carb spring...it makes a big difference, especially when combined with a 400ex thumb throttle

300ex_#387
02-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Both my Throttle and clutch had SS lines on them. My clutch is hydralic though so it doesn't really matter. So far I haven't had any problems with my throttle cable, but I really don't have a whole lot of hours on it either.

baker400ex
02-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Both my Throttle and clutch had SS lines on them. My clutch is hydralic though so it doesn't really matter. So far I haven't had any problems with my throttle cable, but I really don't have a whole lot of hours on it either.

did the throttle cable soften up the throttle at all??

baker400ex
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
never heard of ss clutch and throttle cables, but i can't see much of a use for them except for looks...

i have used the tokyo mods carb spring...it makes a big difference, especially when combined with a 400ex thumb throttle

as far as the 400ex thumb throttle goes..how much does that run..ive looked on parts fish n stuff but not sure what everyone is refering to...a link or a price would be greatly aprpreciated :)