PDA

View Full Version : U.m. Performance

REPOMAN
02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
so get a new oil tank in today and i messed up the threads. i went to the local machine shop to see if he could just weld on a new nipple. the man there stated i would really need to se if um could send me a new nipple. so i leave the machine shop and get on the phone with um performance tech support and spoke with the sales manager for the company and he stated that i ust need to send the tank to him and he would send me a new one out. i told him it was my fault and wanted to know the cost and he said NOTHING that they stand behind there products and that he was sorry for my troubles. i again explained it was my fault and he said it didnt matter. i am a business owner and cust. service is paramount i am very impressed with the way this company is taking care of me when they could just tell me to go piss up a rope. just wanted to share my little story. we always hear the bad but here is some good.

Ruby Soho
02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
thats good to hear!

Jnblaster05
02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
thats awesome thanks for sharin the info

416exfreak
02-19-2008, 07:01 PM
They were great when I bought my air scoops too.

I got them in and UPS had mis=handled the box and caused one of them to be really damaged. I called UM and they told me to overnight them back to them.

They overnighted me a brand new set, along with a hat and t-shirt. Oh yea, they payed the shipping charges on ALL of it as a way of showing me that they cared about me as a customer.

I plan on buying more stuff from them as I need it.

07trx400ex
02-19-2008, 07:10 PM
That is awesome to hear, I am a firm believer that customer service is a lost art. :D

REPOMAN
02-19-2008, 07:22 PM
it is truley refreshing to fond a company that actually cares about there customers. heck its hard to get wal mart to honor there products.

j450rking
02-20-2008, 09:31 PM
trail tech is really good too! my endurance comp broke and i tryed to fix it myself and i glooed it back together. i told them about it and they had me send it to them and a few days later i had a brand new one.

honda400ex2003
02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Had the same with honda of troy with a cam. they overnighted me the cam since it was the wrong one the first time. Great to hear u.m. is good too. i love to hear that some companies are still human. steve

Dathon Lawler
02-19-2009, 06:55 PM
you know i really got a kick outa reading that. i am so tired of dealing with a company that will not will not will not will not help you out. i'll try and do some business with them.

grassman
02-19-2009, 07:33 PM
ive dealt with um as well.. when i got their skid plate the holes needed to be drilled out to fit.. i sent them a e-mail and told them that i loved the skid plate but the holes were off by a good bit. they said they were sorry for the inconvenience and sent me a hoody, hat and a mess of stickers... im going back to get the full skid and the air scoops... i dont mind spending money with a company like that..

racerdan24
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Customer service is indeed paramount in any industry as well as word of mouth advertising...Believe me companys check forums like this and see what people say about a company's product...1 bad experience from a customer can turn into hundreds even thousands of lost sales...great to hear UM has stepped up and gets good grades in all departments!

HondaFamily
02-19-2009, 10:46 PM
While we are on the topic of good customer service. It has been a while since i got it but I ordered a "T-Bomber" graphic kit from AMR Racing and they were also awesome about working with me because the color was off considerably to the yellow on my ex (more than once, too). They were great.

honda400ex2003
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I have never had any problems with dennis kirk or rockymountain, but i have never returned anything to them. I have always got the right parts. The people on the phone are nice. Anyone had any experience with any of these? Steve

gcart2
02-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by honda400ex2003
I have never had any problems with dennis kirk or rockymountain, but i have never returned anything to them. I have always got the right parts. The people on the phone are nice. Anyone had any experience with any of these? Steve

i ordered a helmet in a size too small from RMATV. they were very helpful. i still had to pay for the helmets return shipping though:rolleyes: