PDA

View Full Version : crf-x motor conversion?

450raider
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
hey, as i use to put on these forums every other week i was in search of a way make my 04 R into an ER alright, i put that on hold to sell it and build funds, well the r never sold so i was like screw it and put it back in action (if no one wants to buy it their loss, i can still enjoy it) and to be honest its really not that much of a concern anymore but id still like to see if it could be done, and with that said i came across a chance to buy the motor out of a 03 crf450x and my question is would it be really hard to convert? would it fit the carb and frame and everything?

klutch
02-19-2008, 04:59 PM
if you want to get electric start...
http://gokimfg.com/cgi-bin/web_store.cgi

I havent tried it yet or bought it but it seems neat when i get my 04 i might buy that.

450raider
02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
yeah i am very aware of the goki kit and id rather have a kicker than it because:
its expensive- $600+ just for estart? w/o battery

apperance- i dont see who would want a plastic cylinder with a yam. oil filter in it sticking out of their motor not to mention that giant tacky button

reliability- see apperance, and ive heard things about failures on other models which is why im trying to play it safe with honda stuff

so thats my reasons why i woudnt want it, but as i said in first post i dont really care at this point if i find a solution or not im happy with the r as is but it wouldnt hurt to look