PDA

View Full Version : 250x 350x

SpeedBump
11-18-2002, 05:27 PM
hey, is there anyone that has done a few 250x to 350x conversions? I am really tired of working on my 300ex motor. I have a 86 350x that runs solid, very reliable. I originally bought it to swap the engine, but had too much fun riding it. Well, I am done. ever since i started fooling with my 300ex engine, it is one thing after another! soon as I get one thing upgraded, something else goes. this last break..... timing chain. well, got new one on order, and started cleanin up the head, and inspected the valves, ( been having some start-up smoke ) just wanted to replace the valveguides. well, both the exhaust valves are worn and the seats are pitted. well, i could go thru all the time energy and money to replace them with aftermarket, but may as well go for the oversized, and also do the intakes too. hmm, new valves, now need new guides, seals, and crap, get the new springs, retainers. shoot, cam could use an update as well, can't see puttin it back together without a good port and polish too. There is my problem. wife WILL NOT front me that much cash. She the boss ya know. I also don't want to wait that long, it been down for a few weeks already. back to the conversion.....I want to do the conversion, and then can ride until i can slowly, bit by bit get the 300 motor rebuilt. It seems kinda expensive ($69.00) for a couple spacers and instrutions from POWROLL. If anyone has done some of these conversions, and can give me some advice, i would be real grateful. I got a buddy that has a exhaust shop/garage so the pipe will be no problem ( have a spare exhaust from the 350x to cut up a little) well, thanks for any input.

SpeedBump
11-18-2002, 08:24 PM
bump

joeroadking
11-18-2002, 10:27 PM
speed bump I have built 2 of them if you are serouis I will try and walk you thru it I sent you a p.m. please send me your email adress so I can get some photos this weekend of the 350x ,250x conversion it is really not that diffucult if you have a doner bike and basic mech skills.

Live2Ride300
03-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Joe do you have any pics you could post? Im considering doing this.