PDA

View Full Version : trading 400ex for ltr450. + & - on ltr450

Mercedes
02-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Well moving up from a 400ex to a ltr450.Before I make my move just wanted to know what I should look for when buying a used ltr. Its an 06 and has not raced from what Im told.

And what are the ups and downs of the ltr.

I only ride trail,so I know ill have to change the wheels and get full skids.

rob-u/21
02-21-2008, 09:38 AM
One of the problems on the earlier '06 LTRs' was the frame breaking where the rear linkage bolts on to the frame. Suzuki released a recal on those so you could get that fixed.

Mercedes
02-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Ya I know about the frame recall, thanks.

But was hoping you guys could give me some input in the tranny problems I was told about, that there is wynning and it jumps to neutral for some reason.

DVXracer
02-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mercedes
Ya I know about the frame recall, thanks.

But was hoping you guys could give me some input in the tranny problems I was told about, that there is wynning and it jumps to neutral for some reason.

Ive owned mine since new, and i broke everything in properly and i race it, and never had any problems with it, i have had tranny wine but when i changed the oil i put some extra in, never heard it again. Also ive never experienced a false neutral.

rob-u/21
02-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I've put at least 2500 miles of baja on mine and have never had any trany problems. I did instal a shift pin bracket. Also, the oil tank sais 1200 mm of oil and the clutch side 400 mm but I'm always like 200 mm over on each side. Maybe that is why I have never heard a tranny wine.