PDA

View Full Version : DASA exhaust

hondarider1928
02-19-2008, 03:22 PM
So i ordered a new DASA complete system for my LTR and i was told that i will need to run the Power Commander III also. Everything engine wise is stock, but i do have a Cherry Bomb... Will this make it run too lean or what???

04TRX400EX
02-20-2008, 12:00 AM
Yes, you will likely be running too lean. EFI does adjust the air/fuel mixture to compensate for altitude and throttle position and such but will not compensate for modifications. DASA makes pretty much the best exhausts available for the LTR and are precisely tuned to maximize power throughout the powerband. To take advantage of the potential gains, a Power Commander is commonly used and suggested. If you really want to the quad to run perfectly, get it dyno-tuned to achieve the ideal 13:1 air-to-fuel ratio mixture across the graph.

tanner 222
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
i also asked the same question cuz i have a dasa as well on order now and the most popular response is no you dont need one. they say yes you will be lean but not enough to harm anything. i know im not gonna go out of my way to buy one for now.

hondarider1928
02-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks a lot guys... I was told that with just the cherry bomb on and stock exhaust it will make it run a little rich so by adding the dasa it will even it out. Im just thinking that they wanted to sell a powercommander, but im also 16 and paid for my own quad and parts so once i get enough money i will be buying the powercommander but as of now i will be running it without it. Thanks for the comments!