PDA

View Full Version : Steering stabilizers

riding4fun
02-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Just looking for information of what's available, likes and dislikes of the product you bought or are using.

The reason why is this weekend we went riding on a track and Zachary went over some rough/uneven terrain and ended up flipping the quad. He said the handlebar just ripped out of his hand. I was wondering if it would have helped in this situation.

BTW, he said the quad rolled over him but not a scratch. Quad was upside down but only cosmetic damage.

Any opinions are welcomed.

Darrell

hotquads1
02-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Gary has some ,
marc

THARNESS
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
I used a Deaton stablizer on my son's predator for two seasons. It worked great. The amout of resistance is adjustable so it worked great on a kids quad. I don't think it was very expensive. Hetrick Racing sells them.

wvspeedfreak
02-19-2008, 04:18 PM
All of the stick type stabilizers are pretty much the same regardless of whose name is on them.We have the Gibson rebuildable one that Hetricks sells.We had a Denton non-rebuildable one on the Kasea for 2 years and it worked good too.A stabilizer is definately a help on the minis.

bulldogfallon
02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
We just picked up the Gibson stabilizers and while at the show talked to the Elka guys about making one for the DRR mini quad.

I think you will see and Elka system in the future

it3iceman
02-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I was wondering when Elka would start making them for the mini's. That will be nice if they do.Wouldn't the only difference between the big quads and the mini be the clamp for the steering stem?

Andyman17dad
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
I put on on my son's 70 last year and he hated it and had me take it off.
It took away too much of the "feel" for him.

I ask him every once in a while if he wants it back on and I get an immediate "no way!" from him. Oh well, he's the rider! I jus ttry to help.

QuadJunkies
02-20-2008, 12:03 AM
We installed Brandons this week finally-much needed.
I think this will come in handy in the rough stuff and the sandy sections.
I know i love mine , I could actually use two on my quad .The only time I dont care for one on mine was when I was FT racing. One time I forgot I had it cranked all the way up and my arms got tired quick . LOL
Eventually we will be adding an extra one to my Daughters.
If Elka makes one ,we already sold!

riding4fun
Im glad hes OK. ;)

lauvrayracing
02-20-2008, 06:59 AM
Are these legal in the ATVA 50cc limited class and do you even recommend using one in the limited class if they are legal? Thanks

tireman43
02-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by lauvrayracing
Are these legal in the ATVA 50cc limited class and do you even recommend using one in the limited class if they are legal? Thanks

If your kids keep the throttle pinched a lot then it may be worth looking into. It also might depend on the track conditions and size of your rider. I know my son doesn't ride aggressive enough or fast enough in the rough stuff to benefit from one but my daughter needs one. I can't say if they are legal or not.

etondaddy
02-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
I put on on my son's 70 last year and he hated it and had me take it off.
It took away too much of the "feel" for him.

I ask him every once in a while if he wants it back on and I get an immediate "no way!" from him. Oh well, he's the rider! I jus ttry to help.
Do you want to sell it ??

Mike Kozura

Andyman17dad
02-20-2008, 10:15 AM
already did. sorry

tom450r
02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I adapted a stock one from a street bike thats adjustable. got it for $20 from a local dealer, it works great if she doesn't need it i adjust it out (to so soft it's like it's not even there) when she does need it i can dial it to what she wants. she loves it, works great.

hotquads1
02-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by lauvrayracing

. They will not be legal for the ATVA stock limited class .
marc

etondaddy
02-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Well it looks like I'm in the market for one myself........... any suggestions !!

Mike Kozura

hotquads1
02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Gibson is the most common name in our industry and our site sponsor(G_FORCE) is the stocking dealer for those, support the guys that sponsor this great forum , whenever you can .
marc

etondaddy
02-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Yes I had the pleasure and the honor to meet Mr. Bulldog himself at the show. My life will never be the same.... lol.

I better have someone else order it... if he knows it's for me it'll be double.... lol.

Mike Kozura

musky
02-21-2008, 07:12 AM
I seen some for minis the other night on Ebay from some where in Ohio. They looked just like the Gibson & they were rebuildable.

quad1rider
02-21-2008, 08:00 AM
We tried one out on a cobra , I know I will get bashed for this but to me its a bling thing.... It does its job but just like the anti-vibe steering stem it removes the feel....My son didn't like it either most would like it we tried dialing it and for it to work any better it was dialed out so what good was it to US... now everyone has their own opinions likes and dislikes we dont care for it ...

As far as flipping over that would be the compression/rebound in our elkas that prevents that ..for us .... call me inexperienced but if I hit a rock/rut slow or fast the stablizer would keep from jamming the bar but the rider should be able to hold on without a stablizer and if he or she is strong enough to muscle a 150-200# quad around they should be more than able to go 4 laps without fitigue.... or they better hit the gym....

""I"ve never seen a fat pro rider... until retirement""

mxdad789
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a Gibson on my daughters and it works well. I have never seen a pro rider without one. Nor have i seen a 150# quad. I will also have one on my 3 y/o sons until he can hit the gym. :muscle:

drr5
02-21-2008, 09:58 PM
my opinion is using the precision stabilizer over the stick type , i believe these do more good and are far more adjustable, although the cost would be greater i think this would be an improvement

quad1rider
02-22-2008, 09:34 AM
you know every year ,heck everyday almost ....someone makes the next greatest thing... or makes it better... I just cant keep up... todays bling as I call it is tomarrows must have and on and on... When do you go with what's new.... I want all the lastest and greatest items but not if I buy it today and tomarrow its yesterday's junk..

Hetrick has a new 90cc Malossi that is almost 15hp its only been out a couple months. DC and ATV have there LT arms. it seems its never ending... thats a good thing too... I wonder if elkas will be the stabilizer that makes the new standard...

NEED I MENTION the FOX SHOX.....somebody stop me...LOLOL

Andyman17dad
02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the never ending "$$ funnel" of mini-quad racing!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember...we do it all for the kids!!!

Maybe they will appriciate it SOMEDAY!!

;)

tom450r
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
without the next best thing, all these kids would be on LT80's (auto's) with no suspension. remember when DRR was the next best thing, we all bought in, everything improves it has to progress some how.
Originally posted by quad1rider
you know every year ,heck everyday almost ....someone makes the next greatest thing... or makes it better... I just cant keep up... todays bling as I call it is tomarrows must have and on and on... When do you go with what's new.... I want all the lastest and greatest items but not if I buy it today and tomarrow its yesterday's junk..

Hetrick has a new 90cc Malossi that is almost 15hp its only been out a couple months. DC and ATV have there LT arms. it seems its never ending... thats a good thing too... I wonder if elkas will be the stabilizer that makes the new standard...

NEED I MENTION the FOX SHOX.....somebody stop me...LOLOL