PDA

View Full Version : truck exhaust question

Sjorge450R
02-19-2008, 11:05 AM
Hey I have a quick quesiton. I have a 87 dakota with a flomaster muffler.. When its cold i have an extream amount of condensation build up in my pipe. Is there anyway to eliminate this. I mean i can drive like 3-5 miles and i just blow white smoke everywhere! I dont remember it being like this with the stock muffler. I am worried tha tthis is going to rot away my system and cause more problems.

LMK what you think

08mxkfx
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
well idk how to fix your problem but i know flowmaster offers a 3 year warranty to rust aslong as you have your original receipt.

Titanium
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
drill a little hole in bottom of the muffler to allow it to drain.

pro-rider46
02-19-2008, 02:09 PM
if its in the muffler, idk what to do with that. but if its in its pipe, i would just angle the pipe down a little more,

400exrider707
02-19-2008, 02:25 PM
You're not going to get rid of it. If anything I would think this is better this way. Your cold motor will always blow like that, but with a high flow muffler you're just seeing it more... I wouldn't worry about personally. I never had a problem with a flowmaster rotting...

Sjorge450R
02-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You're not going to get rid of it. If anything I would think this is better this way. Your cold motor will always blow like that, but with a high flow muffler you're just seeing it more... I wouldn't worry about personally. I never had a problem with a flowmaster rotting...

alright see this is what I wanted to hear. I never thought about the high flow muffler letting more condesation because of the added flow. Thanks for the help.

tapper1823
02-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I would say run no mufflers.

NacsMXer
02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
Hey I have a quick quesiton. I have a 87 dakota with a flomaster muffler.. When its cold i have an extream amount of condensation build up in my pipe. Is there anyway to eliminate this. I mean i can drive like 3-5 miles and i just blow white smoke everywhere! I dont remember it being like this with the stock muffler. I am worried tha tthis is going to rot away my system and cause more problems.

LMK what you think

I've got a Flowmaster 40 on my F-150 and I get the same thing....all cars are gonna do it regardless, water formation is a product of combustion. It is a chambered muffler, so if you go "easy" on it for a long time, water will tend to pool up inside it. A quick WOT blast every now and then will clear it right out.

I used to work at a performance shop where we dyno tuned a lot of supercharged mustangs and the like. You should have seen the amount of water that sprayed out the tailpipes of some customer's rides during the dyno pull, you could have watered your lawn :p

You just gotta clear her out a little bit :devil: