PDA

View Full Version : Aren's Frame Help....RE: Rear Motor Mount

danhung11
02-19-2008, 06:23 AM
Can someone more knowledge on aftermarket frames explain or take some pics of their rear setup. I am interested in how the rear of the motor bolts on.

Will a 87 motor fit in a 88-89?

Sorry for the dumb questoins, first 88-89 for me.

Thanks,
Dan

wishmasstir
02-19-2008, 07:00 AM
the cases are all the same, i've seen arens frames have different rear mounts. the arens i had, had the added crossmember above the swingarm pivot point that the 88-89 frames had. you would bolt the motor to this crossmember, bottom of the motor, front of the motor and head stay. some arens frames had a mount on the frame just above the linkage mounting point so you would bolt it down there, bottom, front and head stay.

edit: i looked at the pics of the frame in your other thread, yours has the mount just above the linkage mount. the frame takes the 88/89 style swingarm but you could use the 86/87 style by using the motor mount that the pivot bolt goes through and just cutting the ears off of it.

Aceman
02-19-2008, 07:04 AM
My Arens uses everything but the upper rear mount.

Do you have the 96 CR250 brake pedal required for this frame?

danhung11
02-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
My Arens uses everything but the upper rear mount.

Do you have the 96 CR250 brake pedal required for this frame?

WISHMASSTIR - thanks for the info! If I read you right, you are saying that the rear motor mount is left unused. Only the lower rear and the upper head stay one, then the two front ones correct?

Tony - as far as the brake pedal|setup, you have extra(s) you could let go? I may order a new setup with this build since everything will be new, or close to.

Here is the pic from the Honda Microfiche. I have a Hinson and a IMS Roll Rear Pedal. Hopefully, I would be able to run one of those, but does not appear so.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/2291_PEDAL.gif

What is that front eyelet hole for? Can you get a pic of your setup?

Thanks,
Dan

312R1
02-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
WISHMASSTIR - thanks for the info! If I read you right, you are saying that the rear motor mount is left unused. Only the lower rear and the upper head stay one, then the two front ones correct?

Tony - as far as the brake pedal|setup, you have extra(s) you could let go? I may order a new setup with this build since everything will be new, or close to.

Here is the pic from the Honda Microfiche. I have a Hinson and a IMS Roll Rear Pedal. Hopefully, I would be able to run one of those, but does not appear so.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd228/danhung11/2291_PEDAL.gif

What is that front eyelet hole for? Can you get a pic of your setup?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan,

The arens frame has a rear engine mount it's just located on the bottom tube..by the shock linkage mount.

I have a new brake pedal for the arens frame if you interested.

-Steve

danhung11
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
Dan,

The arens frame has a rear engine mount it's just located on the bottom tube..by the shock linkage mount.

I have a new brake pedal for the arens frame if you interested.

-Steve

Steve,

Shoot me a pic of what you have RE: Brakes to danhung11@gmail.com.

Thanks bud,
Dan

;)

312R1
02-19-2008, 08:47 AM
Steve,

Thanks bud,
Dan

;)

Will do.

wishmasstir
02-19-2008, 08:50 AM
what style swingarm do you have? lets see some pics of all the parts powdered up

312R1
02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Steve,

Thanks bud,
Dan

;)

Pic sent..;)

danhung11
02-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 312R1
Pic sent..;)

I'll take it. I have parts to trade or pp.

Thanks!
Dan

250Renvy
02-19-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure if you got it from the other posts but I'll re-iterate.

The motor bolts up at the front, the lower and the lower rear mounts. The upper rear is eliminated.

The only setup that uses All the motor mounts is 86/87 with the rear attachment. 88 frames only used the upper rear and the lower rear is not used. Most aftermarket frames except LSR use only the lower rear mount.

The correct bolt for this is the lower rear mount from the 86/87's.

Hope this helps. BTW I know you told me but could you share again how much that seat setup was?

danhung11
02-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy
I'm not sure if you got it from the other posts but I'll re-iterate.

The motor bolts up at the front, the lower and the lower rear mounts. The upper rear is eliminated.

The only setup that uses All the motor mounts is 86/87 with the rear attachment. 88 frames only used the upper rear and the lower rear is not used. Most aftermarket frames except LSR use only the lower rear mount.

The correct bolt for this is the lower rear mount from the 86/87's.

Hope this helps. BTW I know you told me but could you share again how much that seat setup was?

Thanks for the info Guys!

250Renvy - the seat and foam costs me $135. The foam is very nice and cushiony, unlike the OEM's. I also bought a CEET brand for this other cover I have with the graphics kit, and that too is harder than this one. It has neoprene characteristics or similar.

Hope you can get a good idea of it. :ermm:

Dan