PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis Plush Ride and X link

mx4christ
02-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Custom Axis is a company I am looking at to replace my Elka Elites but I had a few questions. They released something called the Plush Ride about 1 year ago and Custom Axis claims it helps prevent bottoming out by adding more compression further in the stroke. Is this some technology exclusive to Custom Axis, or does PEP and Motowoz have something equivalent to help prevent bottoming? Does the Custom Axis Plush Ride do a better job at resisting bottoming than PEP or Motowoz?

Custom Axis also has a setup known as the X link which is a 3rd canister that helps balance out the nitrogen pressure in each shock which in theory helps the bike to have less body roll in the turns. Does anyone have any experience with this setup? Does it compromise the travel when only one front tire hits a pothole on a straight away? I'm wondering if the impact from one tire/shock will transfer to the other side since they share the same nitrogen bottle. Is the x link strictly for MX or does it have its advantages in Desert and Grand Prix Races?

honda250xrider
02-19-2008, 06:40 AM
this is where your getting into guessing games, each company has there highlite items that they want to advertise to you. Each shock in the catogory you listed i feel relativly the same if you had each set-up and dialed in for you. Granted its getting them set-up that is half the battle, having all the adjustments are great if u know how to use them

ALAMX37
02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
IDK about the plush ride system but the X-link is def the hot setup right now for axis. It runs both oil lines in to one oversize reservoir. No it won't have any problems from one wheel hits it will simply dampen the side that is needed. It is a all around mod, would work well in any situation.

mx4christ
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
IDK about the plush ride system but the X-link is def the hot setup right now for axis. It runs both oil lines in to one oversize reservoir. No it won't have any problems from one wheel hits it will simply dampen the side that is needed. It is a all around mod, would work well in any situation.

The idea behind the X link seems like it could be universal for all suspension with reservoirs. Like could this be used on my PEP BP1? Wouldn't this also help with reducing the shock temps since there is much more oil to dissipate the oil heat?