PDA

View Full Version : Checking interest on 400ex plastic to 300ex kits

markvette
02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
ok i been throwing this idea around for a while. i have seen a few 300ex with 400ex plastic on them. i myself asked about this swap about a year ago and really couldnt get any good answers on how to do it. anyway i am thinking of building kits to do this swap if there is enough interest out there. first let me say i am no kid doing this, i am 50 years old with 2 sons that race quads. i am retired and have a small shop at my house where i do a lot of things. i have built all my boys race quads. from a screaming stroked 2 stroke mini quad to a ex/yz hybrid. i also do powder coating fab work of custom parts for quads. i just enjoy doing things like this. anyway i have a 300ex and a 400ex/yz426 hybrid sitting in my shop so i have n
both plastics and the frame to figure this swap out. first i would like to say the kits would be first rate, steel welded and powder coated. also any extra nuts and bolts needed for the swap would be included. i would also supply detailed directions and all parts would be numbered to make the swap as easy as possible. anyway is there interest out there for such a kit and if so what would you be willing to pay for a top notch kit to do this swap.

Mark

monster300ex
02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
why wood you need a kit ??
it just bolts on with 400ex brackets and a i little cutting on the sidepieces
look at my link and do a search on here

bwamos
02-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I would think it would be a worthwhile venture as 300ex plastics are horribly expensive.

markvette
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
well if its that easy let us all in on how its done. i know i posted 8 or 9 months ago about it and got a few answers but basically all i got was. yea it can be done. i have also seen other people ask and not get good answers. i saw one on here with 400ex plastic and they did not use the tank cover and it left an ugly hole. also i have asked and so have others, which tank you you have to use, the 300 or 400. if it is easy and you have done it once and for all give people some detailed instructions, not just you got to make a bracket or 2, tell people what and where you have to make a bracket and a pic of the bracket would help too. so i guess there is no interest in a kit since one is not needed great saved me a lot of work, now i can go to my next project.

Mark

Y2daT420
02-20-2008, 07:44 AM
I have to agree with the conversion i juist saw a used set of 400ex plastic for $130.00 and new myier plastic for $250.00 both were complete sets ................

klutch
02-20-2008, 03:26 PM
It can be done but if you use the full set you need a 400EX seat too. We did it on my sisters 300ex. My 300ex has stock 300EX fronts with 400EX rear plastics.