PDA

View Full Version : What would you get?

buster024
02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Alright, so I've finally saved a little grrrr, and it may be time for the next major improvement on my bike. I've narrowed my choices down a little to what I feel would most benefit my riding style. What is all of your opinions on what you'd do?

1) Rear Elka LT shock. (Do I have to get a new swingarm at the same time?)

2) New swingarm (leaning towards LSR, but Houser is in the mix.) Stock 400's suck in the sand, so I'm really not into extending it to much, maybe go with +1 or +2..... (same question as above, do I have to plan ahead and order the arm set-up for the LT shock I'll have at some point in the future?)

3) Elka or brand x steering damper. I hear they work wonders.

4) Hotcam (stage II) with necessary accessories (this is my least favorite idea, as I like having a reliable stock motor right now with riding season in sight)

Looking for advice! Let me know what you think!

f4istunna
02-19-2008, 07:21 AM
If it were me id probably going w/ the steering damper if you dont already have one. They make a huge difference. I wont ride w/out one again. I got flexx bars and stabalizer at the same time and loved it. Then broke my stabalizer and realized just how much it did. I was quick to order a new one.

Even a stick stabalizer is a huge improvement over nothing at all. You can find one for around $150 ballpark then probably still afford to do some suspension work