PDA

View Full Version : Link or No Link ?? and why?

quadbuilderJP
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Id like to hear feedback on this subject. Link or No-Link suspension. Tell me why you like or dis like. I had a lone star rolling chassis with the PEP shock no link rear. But I cant say either way is better. Anyone....

02-19-2008, 06:22 AM
A link will normally be better because it changes the progression of the shock as it progresses making a smoother ride.

bradley300
02-19-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
A link will normally be better because it changes the progression of the shock as it progresses making a smoother ride.

a shock built for a no link will much more progressive than one built for a link, so that is actually a moot point.

from what i can understand, a no link set up will be better at a very specific type of terrain, where a linkage set up is more versatile

ALAMX37
02-19-2008, 12:24 PM
the no link setup gives better progression through the stroke it falls short on big jumps and harsh landings. It loses its plushness at the end of the stroke, and thats where the linkage shines. No link is also a little more harsh through rough choppy sections. i would go cr500 link if thats an option they have an amazing ride.

ALAMX37
02-19-2008, 12:26 PM
the no link setup gives better progression through the stroke it falls short on big jumps and harsh landings. It loses its plushness at the end of the stroke, and thats where the linkage shines. No link is also a little more harsh through rough choppy sections. i would go cr500 link if thats an option they have an amazing ride.
A good example is KTM dirt bikes vs. any other brand in the rough choppy sections you will notice the KTM's bouncing around and getting squirrely more than the others.

Dale512
02-19-2008, 01:21 PM
The problem with the KTM dirtbikes is the offcenter shock placement and their just plain bad suspension setups, they missed the setup mark on the quad too. Ride a Husaberg dirtbike and tell me that its bad in rough sections because of the No-Link, the no-link rearend on those are worlds ahead of KTM.

ALAMX37
02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Sorry for the double post. No link is a nice setup but the linkages we have available now stand out to me vs. the no link setup.