PDA

View Full Version : Spar Frames

rgasper33
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
I was wonderin about the issue with the spar frame bending. I was wondering because my buddy wants to buy a renegade and I was doin some lookin around and i see quite a few people sayin there is a weak point behind the front diff. that with the amount of force on that point buckles fairly easily. And lookin on here I see people sayin they are findin them for sale with bent frames. Any honest un biased answers would be great. thanks in advance!

rgasper33
02-24-2008, 10:40 AM
anyone????

420yfz
02-25-2008, 07:00 AM
yup, i would say they are weak, my father ran into a stump on his at about 50 mph, twisted the frame and broke the driveshaft coupler, and bent two front rims

we payed 800 bucks for a new frame here in canada

TheNewn
03-06-2008, 10:50 PM
You took a 700 pound machine and hit a stump going 50mph and you're surprised you had frame problems?

Huh...

There have been rumors the frame is weak. Just get a skid plate and you shouldn't have to worry about damaging it on rocks and such. I'm sure they're fine. Several people around town i know including my cousin have the outlanders and Renegade. They're great quads in my opinion.

zeus54
03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
You can check with Matt at bareperformance.com and see if he has a gusset kit for that frame. friend of mine just got one he loves the bike, i however am a little bit intimitaded by it.but it is a blast he is trying to get used to it.i have to say overall i am impressed with the machine.