PDA

View Full Version : Interstate riding...

416exfreak
02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Am I the only one that imagines myself being on a quad going down the interstate in 5th pinned, jumping the over passes and landing perfectly at the enxt overpass over a mile away?

Or like...wheelieing past myself doing 100+?

Just wondering if im the only one that does this...

klutch
02-18-2008, 07:14 PM
*Phew* I thought i was the only one that thought these things lol

dudeman_29
02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I had a dream I did and got busted. When I woke up I thought it was real. But I would love to ride the highway.

davepfb
02-18-2008, 07:44 PM
ha i was riding down the highway in my buddies truck the other day and a group of atv's past me and i was doing 85 and they were doing wheelies i couldnt do that id be to scared

mod440ex
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
i wonder how long a motor would last a t 5th pinned???? hmmmmmm:confused:

wvspeedfreak
02-18-2008, 07:46 PM
I can be riding down the road and every large field I pass I visualize how I would go about building a mx track in it LOL.

zukirules
02-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Man, great minds think alike :p

How about if your quads in the back of the truck, sitting on it while goin down the highway :D

suzukigirl
02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
haha..yeah i've though about that before...lol...has anyone else imagined riding their quads in their schools..i would, except the doors are too small for the quad to fit throught

klutch
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
LMAO i wish i could ride my quad to school then through the front door and start wheeling down the hallways and sliding around Central Plaza that would be a blast.... doing donuts on the football field hmmm lol

zukirules
02-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
haha..yeah i've though about that before...lol...has anyone else imagined riding their quads in their schools..i would, except the doors are too small for the quad to fit throught

haha. I brought my yfz to school right after I put my hmf on. And my battery was dead, so we charged it, and I took it out in the parking lot. Wheeling up and down it, then lady came out and flipped. Then for baseball practice, I didn't feel like driving, so I took the quad of course :devil: . After practice, I let a kid rip it through the parking lot, and then I hopped on it and did some 4th gear wheelys. :macho

trx400EXtreme
02-18-2008, 08:36 PM
i would love to ride my quad to school. i'll bet anything it would get more attention that the nicest car in the parking lot.:devil:

JOEX
02-18-2008, 08:39 PM
I've always thought golf courses would make great riding areas....

They are sooo well maintained too:p

ricksmx865
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

haha i think of that evertime i go golfing...

as for the interstate thing, there is a spot by my house where an ole railroad track was torn out, it goes under the interstate.... sometimes me and my buddies will go out there ride up the hill into the median a few times..... and boy does the 450 sound MEAN under there :devil:

zukirules
02-18-2008, 08:52 PM

dude, I feel so privileged. My buddy owns the golfcourse in middleton indiana, and has a blaster. He said I can bring the 450 down, and when no ones around rip up the woods they have behind the golfcourse. I rode the 3 wheeler last time i was there in 8th grade

coryatver
02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
a golf course would be awesome to let loose on:eek2:

mod440ex
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
i bet some oleshot xcr would do the trick on some greens

BlaineKaiser450
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
i do the interstate thing and i wanan ride a golf course soooo bad

J//FLY
02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
yeah i think every ones thought somthin like tht thoughs ideas always pop in ur head while riden an talkin to ur self, has any one ever talked to them self while riden i think i do tht every time i ride

suzukigirl
02-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by J//FLY
has any one ever talked to them self while riden i think i do tht every time i ride

haha..yeah, i always talk to myself during a race...helps me stay focused

pro-rider46
02-18-2008, 10:58 PM
riding atvs to school has become so common they puts a sign up, "NO ATVS!"... and friend rode his blaster to school and parked it right in the parking lot. he rode right down rt119N. and the principle followed him home and then gave him a ride back to school and didnt even get in trouble! thats awesome if you ask me...

xcracer416
02-19-2008, 08:46 PM
someone mentioned talking to theirself. I sound like an american idol audition while i race. If im doing good ill sing stuff like "another one bites the dust" or if im doing bad ill sing stupid crap like achey breaky heart. have you ever been driving through the country and see a driveway that would make a cool jump? I see them all the time around here and be like id like to hit that going about 4th pinned.

<DRS>GPF
02-20-2008, 06:11 AM
as im driving down the interstates, i often find myself looking at the hills and hollers, thinking what an awsome jump that would be or that would make for a good hill climb.

brendn35
02-20-2008, 10:05 AM
haha i do all of the above... interstate day dream and talk to myself when im riding... i cant go anywhere without thinking about it.. holiday world would be so much better if u could ride a quad down those paths... my girlfriend hates it when we go to the beach all i wanna do is ride the sand

klutch
02-20-2008, 01:25 PM
LMAO XCracer i tend to sing while riding too lol ive decided next time i will take my Ipod so i am not stuck on the chorus of one song for 5 hours lol.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-20-2008, 01:47 PM
I do all of the above. The golf course thing especially. This is why u guys are my ppl.. i thought i was crazy about hot rodding around with a shopping cart. Ripping around turns haha

400exstud
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
The state is building a by-pass about 1/2 mile from my house which just happens to cut right through one of the many farm fields that I ride on. For the last few summers I have just said screw it and ride all over it.

It is great to watch the expressions of the earth-mover and offroad dumptruck drivers when I fly past them. I'll bet that the stretch that I can ride on is 3-4 miles long and pretty much a straight shot with overpasses and the whole works. You wouldn't believe how long a 400ex motor will hold together at 5th gear pinned. I can attest to my motor lasting at least 2 passes, down and back, with my only letting up to turn around.

wvspeedfreak
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
I do all of the above. The golf course thing especially. This is why u guys are my ppl.. i thought i was crazy about hot rodding around with a shopping cart. Ripping around turns haha

LMAO...I've embarrased my wife more than once powersliding a shopping cart around isle 6 at Wal-mart :p

416exfreak
02-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
LMAO...I've embarrased my wife more than once powersliding a shopping cart around isle 6 at Wal-mart :p

my mom slaps me for that...:ermm:

CRich[814]
02-20-2008, 05:37 PM

i do that all the time hahahah.

about the golf cart thing. i've had 3 close calls and one accident. those damn things are tricky on hills hahaha.

klutch
02-20-2008, 06:20 PM

My mother yells at me for that too lol

<DRS>GPF
02-21-2008, 05:49 AM

HA!.. im a little guilty of that too..lol

Outlaw 50
02-21-2008, 06:34 AM

My thought are close to yours..lol I think every time I pass a golf course how much fun it would be chasing the golfers around on a quad...Probably shouldn't do that though...:devious:

They are a huge waste of land if you ask me...one course could contain: mx track, drag strips, (sand & mud) trails, bog holes...etc
------------------------------------------------------
As far as riding on the interstate, NO way...I quit riding road bikes about 5 years ago because of the idiots driving around with phones stuck on their heads who WILL run over you in a heartbeat...TOO dangerous.

Exrider434
02-22-2008, 07:59 AM

Try being a cartboy at a grocery store, i do it alll the time people look at me like im nuts haha :devil:

250r(quadman19)
02-22-2008, 08:24 AM
yall were talkin about interstate riding and i remembered this video. he gets on interstate 95 in baltimore lol

beaker1214
02-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Thats a long one and crazy.......and thats why we get a bad image....

Outlaw 50
02-22-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by 250r(quadman19)
yall were talkin about interstate riding and i remembered this video. he gets on interstate 95 in baltimore lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfWUXsbr7w

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Idiots, make me want to open a car door on them when they go by....People like that are why we have such a hard time being taken seriously when we try to discuss riding quads or dirt bikes. no wonder the politicians are trying to outlaw this sport...

250r(quadman19)
02-22-2008, 09:19 AM
yea all it takes is one time and if one of those idiots crashed the media would be all over it

416exfreak
02-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 250r(quadman19)
yea all it takes is one time and if one of those idiots crashed the media would be all over it

It wouldnt bother me if they eliminaed themselves from the gene pool.:ermm:

ZeroLogic
02-23-2008, 12:11 AM

My girlfriend walks away from me when I do that.:confused:

blacknblue#2
02-23-2008, 04:37 AM
I talk to myself all the time while riding or racing. if im just riding ill discuss with myself stuff i need to be gettin done haha. ......How many times have you done this, you hit a big jump but dont hit it right and as soon as you come off the lip you know it. Ive done that a couple times and everytime i tell my self the same thing (this is gonna hurt man this is gonna hurt just land and get it over.......oh man yeah that hurt) hahah

3exrider23
02-23-2008, 09:09 AM
i knew a kid who road his quad to summer school a couple years back. obviously not the brightest kid but i thought it was kinda cool. then there was a kid around here that ripped up a golf course pretty bad and managed to get caught. got over 20 grand in fines.

3exrider23
02-23-2008, 09:09 AM
i knew a kid who road his quad to summer school a couple years back. obviously not the brightest kid but i thought it was kinda cool. then there was a kid around here that ripped up a golf course pretty bad and managed to get caught. got over 20 grand in fines.

02-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I've rode my Blaster to school before but I didn't park it in the parking lot or anything. I got bored and decided to ride down there and rid up the parking lot when I had home release for third and fourth last year. lol.

416exfreak
02-23-2008, 09:13 PM
I could ride my 440 to school and get away with it.

The school resource officer rode his YZ250F one day last year. He was doing wheelies out on the main road into the school for pretty much the entire day. Every 5 minutes or so I'd hear him come blazing by the school.

Pissed me off. I had exams the whole day, and all I could think about was riding, thanks to him and that damn dirtcycle...:ermm:

jcv400ex
02-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Am I the only one that imagines myself being on a quad going down the interstate in 5th pinned, jumping the over passes and landing perfectly at the enxt overpass over a mile away?

Or like...wheelieing past myself doing 100+?

Just wondering if im the only one that does this...

LOL, i've been thinking of that since I was like 6! your not the only one!