PDA

View Full Version : nerf question

Glenn Keaton
02-18-2008, 05:34 PM
getting ready to order the nerf bars, when i noticed my frame is apperently not made for the nerfs, where the foot peg is located on the nerfs,i only have a flat brkt., of course this drr came with the floorboards, so whats the fix?, i guess i will need to weld a pipe on, but i do not know the diameter needed or the length, i seen a couple that the pipe is 1 continuous piece and then i see some that has a short pipe welded on to both sides of the frame, that is what i will have to do i guess

JIM GRACE
02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
We just got brandon's new quad and came with XFR nerf's on it already and it looks like they give you a bracket that goes over the floorboard support that the nerf bars mount to.. They also bolt on in the front and they also attatch to the rear fenders which makes them really solid.. Most other nerfs weld on
and are of lesser quality...

brandon's dad #55

drr5
02-18-2008, 06:27 PM
dont waste time with the weld on unless you really want that style we use the xfr bolt on nerfs and are very happy with there fit and finish

forgiven
02-18-2008, 07:24 PM
XFR's are the only way to fly!

hotquads1
02-18-2008, 08:12 PM
yes , Glenn , the bolt ons will fit your quad , no problem . The ones you saw on my website were modified for the Mach-1 chassis, the front mounts the same but rear has a bracket to bolt on your existing frame tab.
marc

Glenn Keaton
02-19-2008, 02:05 AM
i just knew that Marc would have all the answers, thanks to everybody

THARNESS
02-19-2008, 08:11 AM
Rath also makes an excellent bolt on nerf for the DRR's. It took me less than an hour to install ours, and they fit and look great. If you would like a pic pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you one.

riding4fun
02-19-2008, 08:21 AM
I have Rath and XFR. Although both are good quality I prefer the XFR's as they are wider and cost less.

#17TBoneRacing
02-19-2008, 09:41 AM
The bolt on XFR's are the best I have seen all the way arond. I had to position them back about a half inch from normal to clear the 2 plus 3 offset on the DWT rims I am using though. It was a simple mod to the bracket provided as well as the stock rear board mounts.

lauvrayracing
02-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Check out Hetrick Racing, they make a set of Nerfs, I think they are around $200. We like them. Good Luck

bulldogfallon
02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
I think Glenn is already being service/sponsored by Hot Quads, so I think he just needs info on the nerf bars, which by now I am sure he has received by Marc.

Thank you

Glenn Keaton
02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
thanks again ,all my questions have been answered