PDA

View Full Version : how did everyone do at motorama?

norris19
02-18-2008, 01:25 PM
i was there racing the #121 black LTR with fullbore plastics, fox shox, hipers, and quad tech graphics. i had a good time. on saturday in my production qualifier, i stalled out of the gate. i worked my way up to 4th, but was one position short of qualifying. later in the day i won my open b qualifier. in the open b main saturday night, i worked my way up to 2nd, but couldn't manage to find a line to pass the guy in 1st. i was faster than him, but he did a good job keeping to the inside. if you've ever raced there, you know that passing is neary impossible. i ended up finishing 2nd.

On Sunday, i took 2nd in each of my qualifiers which put me into the production and open main later in the day. after the restart of the production main(due to a crash) i came out 3rd. about a quarter of the way through the race, i was looking for a line to pass 2nd. i then noticed that i was losing power and blowing a ton of blue smoke. turns out my piston was going, and i finished 9th after taking a spill on a double. i was doing it all weekend, but the lack of power made me come up short on it haha. i attempted to race my open main, but was still blowing smoke. i decided to just cruise for a bit and then pull of so i wouldn't do any more damage to my bike.

so i made 3 out of 4 mains this weekend. i expected to do better, but there's not much you can do with a bad piston. overall i had a good time. how did everyone else do? sorry for the long post

rideREDrider
02-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Man your quad was smoking worse than a diesel truck!!:eek:
I'm suprised you hung in there for as long as you did. Better luck next time.

Really my friend didn't have any better luck. He was on a KTM SXF250 #209, and on Sunday he went acrossed the finish line and his bike locked up:( . Where still not sure what happend.