PDA

View Full Version : Jetting Question:Please Help

mrbigzmotoxer
02-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Ok two different setups, need to know what jetting to use and where air/fuel screw should be

05 450r
13:1 Comp Piston
Port Polish
Sparks full exhaust
uni air filter
baldwin cam
race gas

04 450r
hrc cam
pro circuit full exhaust

thanks guys

need help soon,

bloodmoney23
02-18-2008, 01:12 PM
well....we cant give you what you need cause of different locations, weather and all that. but for both i would start off with HRC needle 3rd clip, or DynoJet needle 3rd clip. Stick with the keihin jets though. 185 main, 52 slow a/f 2.5 turns out and make your adjustments from there. Most likely on 04 you will end up with a 185-200 main and 52 slow. if you cant find slow jets let me know i have about 20 of them. Although for your 05 I would highly recommend an FCR carb that is taper bored for your best performance. go to www.chad502ex.com and email him. He can get you the carb and taper bore it for you. Its highly doubtful you will get full power and potential out of the bike with the stock 05 carb.

mrbigzmotoxer
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
i am in PA

the 05 has a 188 in it right now and it wont even idle, it loads up so much. i was told by my motor builder it should be a 175

bloodmoney23
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
then drop it to a 175. with race fuel it will change the whole jetting setup. im still going to recommend changing your carb cause your depriving it of what you had it built for. porting and polishing opens the motor to breath, the stock 05 carb aint going to give your motor the air it needs to breath and you aint gonna get out what you put in. JMO.

my 05 has about the same mods as your 04 motorwise and im on the border of ohio and pa. I run hrc needle 3rd clip, 195 main and 52 slow with a/f out 2.5 turns and runs perfect throughout the whole power curve.

d3ktrix
02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23

my 05 has about the same mods as your 04 motorwise and im on the border of ohio and pa. I run hrc needle 3rd clip, 195 main and 52 slow with a/f out 2.5 turns and runs perfect throughout the whole power curve.

Make sure u let them know thats your winter jetting.

You summer jetting will be far leaner.

Originally posted by mrbigzmotoxer
Ok two different setups, need to know what jetting to use and where air/fuel screw should be

05 450r
13:1 Comp Piston
Port Polish
Sparks full exhaust
uni air filter
baldwin cam
race gas

04 450r
hrc cam
pro circuit full exhaust

thanks guys

need help soon,

For bike #1 ur best bet is to talk to who ever ported ur head for a jetting recommendation to get u started.

Do u want these bikes jetted for the current winter PA weather or for summer time?
Both will be drastically different. We can give u a much closer starting point if we know what kind of temps the bike will be used in.

mrbigzmotoxer
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
i would like to get em for summer race condition in pa. thanks