PDA

View Full Version : 450r crankshaft bad what should I do?

creampuff
02-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I was needing some advice and help on what direction I should go on rebuilding my bike. Right now its a stock bike with a hrc cam, sparks exhaust, and a uni filter. The crank locked up and I need to get it replaced, But what I was wondering is whats my best road to make about 50 to 55 horsepower? I dont mx or anything like that. We just go to the dunes and dirt drag race alot. I want to be able to handle the other 450s that are mildly modded with ease. I was wondering if I go with a hot rods crank if its better to go with the stroker one? I was also wondering about the big bore kits on ebay if they are worth the money? Thanks in advance for any help. Shaun

kazpr
02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
I just went back to factory on my motor. Seemed good before but mine did not lock up just had a little play.
So I just figured replace it before it causes me down time later.

bloodmoney23
02-17-2008, 11:32 PM
another guy im gonna say just talk to chad. www.chad502ex.com builds badass motors. But i would say if you get a hot rods get the +3mm stroker or look into falicon cranks. go with a different cam like the hotcams stg 2. just do a higher compression piston, have your head done with oversized valves and depending on year get a fcr carb built accordingly. filter kit with hrc lid or similar open lid style, full exhaust HMF, DASA, Rossier or Sparks and possibly drop the front sprocket to a 13. should be about great right there. That will build you about 10 more HP than you were wanting though.

chad502ex
02-18-2008, 07:01 AM
bloodmoney23,...

Thanks for the plug. When you do end up coming to me for engine work, I'll have to hook you up....:macho . Thanks again for the plug.

creampuff
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I am still thinking about it all. I found a stock crank assembly on ebay thats like new. Only 2 races on it, but I was wondering how I could just do it the por boy way for now without having the crank lock up again.

kazpr
02-20-2008, 09:34 PM
F that dont do any poor boy way on the crank! You are just begging for problems. New it is not that bad @ all!

creampuff
02-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Yeah you are right. Let me give you the run down of my luck on this bike. I got a deal on it, because it had a broken inner right case due to a kicker malfunction. I ordered a used motor off here from a guy and He gave me money for my core. I put the used motor in and went on. About 10 hours of ride time the motor locked up. So I spent big money for nothing. I should have just built my motor the first time. I just get riding fever and I want to get after it. I guess the best thing is to just take it slow and do it right.

woodrow7777
02-21-2008, 12:51 PM
your still gonna be slow!!!!

the Hot rods crank is not the most reliable in the +3 catagory

just go stock bore with a 14.1 get the crank from service honda or ebay and get oem bearings. but you gotta actually change the oil and run race gas!!

give me a call if you need some help on this crap..

later aaron