PDA

View Full Version : No Spark Problem After Powder Coating

justinsbagged92
02-17-2008, 08:33 PM
I have a 04 yfz 450 that I took apart and powder coated. I have put it all back together and I'm not getting any spark now. It turns over and all the lights have power but no spark. I tried a new CDI box and I ground the powder coating off under the coil and still nothing. Please help me with any suggestions.. Thanks

Ryan Plaugher
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
pull all the electrical conections and clean them, then spray some electrical grease in the conections.

f4istunna
02-19-2008, 07:39 AM
when i read the title i assumed you didnt have good ground due to powder coat but you said you cleaned the frame connections off where grounds go.

Id dbl check the grounds and all your connections. Its easy to miss something when putting it back together.

Have you tried different plug? Make sure the wire is contacting plug inside the boot?

#17YFZRACER
02-19-2008, 05:53 PM
i would def clean all your connections and grease them. if that doesn't do it you might have a bigger problem. also if you run a kill switch there might be something in it stopping your steed from firing.:confused:

justinsbagged92
02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
I'll take all the connections apart, grease them and make sure they're good this weekend. Off the top of my head I cant think of any place where there is a ground to the frame. I think everything goes back to the battery and gets grounded directly to it.

I do have a teether kill switch but I unhooked it to see if that would make a difference at all and it didnt.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT!!!!