PDA

View Full Version : Places to ride in SE Pa?

300EXRocket
11-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, I just got back into quading after about a 10 year layoff. Picked up a 97 300EX that had ben in storage for three years, in great shape. Guess I should have found some places to ride first, all my old haunts now have houses on them. Anyone know of any places to ride in the SE Pa area? I'm located in Aston, Pa which is a 2 min ride down 95 to Del and a 5 min ride over the Commodore Barry Bridge to get to NJ, so I wouldn't mind traveling, just would prefer to keep it to an hour or so. If anyone knows of any places to ride, it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't want to announce your secret spot to the whole world, maybe you could shoot me an email. Thanks again.

300exrocket email (r6rocket@comcast.net)

Ex'r Marlin
11-18-2002, 08:52 PM
If you are looking for a quick, local area to mess around at... Philadelphia International Airport. There are some very mild trails off to the side towards UPS. Not a big place... Just someplace to mess around. Otherwise... somewhat closeby, Rausch Creek in Tremont, PA., Tower City, PA., NJORVP in Chatsworth, NJ.

As for "secret" areas... Lots of laughs (LOL). :rolleyes: Nothing secret around here... I am sure the police know just about everywhere you are "not" supposed to be... And some go out of there way to get ya... Especially in NJ!:mad:

300EXRocket
11-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the the response Marlin.

I know where the airport is, but not all that sure about the maze of roads up that way. Where would I park to get to these trails and do the cops bother ya? Thanks.

Ex'r Marlin
11-21-2002, 04:13 PM
I-95 North to exit 13.
Stay right on exit 13 to ISLAND AVENUE.
At light, make LEFT on ISLAND AVENUE.
Go approx. 3/8 mile to a stop sign... Forces you to make a LEFT onto ENTERPRIZE AVENUE.
Stay in the right hand lane on ENTERPRIZE AVENUE.
You will come to a traffic light... Make RIGHT.
Before you get to the "tunnel", there will be dirt roads to your left that will lead you to a big parking area. One road is before the big mound of dirt on you left hand side... The other road after the big mound of dirt... USE CAUTION, the dirt road from the paved road is bouncy!

As long as you stay off the street, and on the side away from the airport... Cops will not bother you!:)

Have fun!

Derno24
11-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Marlin to the rescue again. Marlin you also forgot Jack Frost if you are into just MX their enduro trails are a little rough. Also I know of a place down by you in NJ that may or may not be open, but I am not sure of directions. I will try to find the answers to both of my own questions.

onelow
11-24-2002, 01:10 PM
hey 300exrocket im from ridley park i ride up in ashland area its a 2 hour drive but well worth it. if you are intrested in coming up riding there sometime let me know always looking for more riding buddies http://onthedownlowkustomz.com/sliding.jpg

300EXRocket
11-29-2002, 07:08 AM
Onelow, sounds good. Are you heading up there anytime soon, I know with the holidays around the corner it's going to be tough, but keep me in mind. Shoot me and email next time you thinking about heading up. Do you know of any spots more local to ride at? Catch you later.

Derno24
12-01-2002, 11:11 AM
Where is the Ashland Area. I am always looking for new places to go and wouldn't mind any kind of a drive. Just ask Marlin...

Ex'r Marlin
12-01-2002, 04:36 PM
I too am not familiar with the "Ashland" area, but I am always up for a weekend trail ride... Just let us know when you are heading up there... Derno24 is always up for the long haul!:cool:

Derno24
12-01-2002, 07:53 PM
I see you are back for baltimore. Do any scouting for riding spots down there?

RED121572
12-05-2002, 09:57 PM
Hey Derno

You mentioned Jack Frost. Have you ever been that firetower trail across the way from Pocono Raceway? Also, just south of that and on the left hand side of the road is a small MX track.

Derno24
12-06-2002, 07:40 AM
Red: I have never been there. I have seen guys going there though and I always wondered where. I am always looking for new places to ride and that are free too. I will definitely have to catch up with you next time you go.

RED121572
12-06-2002, 09:06 AM
Derno,

Cool man, lets touch base everynow and then. Come next summer, Ill let you know when Im going.

JoiseyRider
12-10-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey Derno, the place u mentioned about down by Marlin, hope its not TriBoro in Lindenwald. That place is not friendly on the weekends anymore. Johnny Law in full force, sneaky *******s nabed my buddy last weekend. Bike impounded, and a tresspassing ticket. Now he's paying for his lack of speed.

Ex'r Marlin
12-11-2002, 03:17 PM
I am not familiar with "Triboro".

Thanks for the update... I do not think we will plan on going there!

I heard on the front page of a Maryland paper a few days ago that 12 riders got their atv's impounded and fined for trail riding by the railroad tracks.

I am not known to ride much where it is not "legal", but there is not much around us that is "legal". :(

Derno24
12-11-2002, 07:37 PM
I don't think it is triboro, but I will check and let you guys know.