PDA

View Full Version : Warning light coming on

DSRider450
02-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Has anybudy expereinced their over heating light coming on for a reason. My machine has less than 10 hours on it. The light comes on and blinks and when it blinks it loses all power and when the light is steady it has all the power ive checked over just about everything plenty of oil anti freeze radiators clean. Cant figure anything out. And my dealer wont be open to tuesday any help i planed on riding on my day off tomarrow. But it doesnt look posible. please help

nvrpmx
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
make sure the cooling fan is working if not it might have a blown fuse.

DSRider450
02-17-2008, 07:45 PM
ive checked the fuses a bunch of times. If i unplug the thermistat pug then plug it back in the fan runs for a while but it will not come on by its self if i dont unplug the thermistat. Any input on this

Spaceace
02-17-2008, 08:04 PM
The steady light is the regular check engine light. When it is blinking it is in "limp home mode". Limp home mode is similar to valet mode on many expensive cars. It is a separate fuel map and CPU setting that prevents you from going over low rpm.

I had this happen on my 2nd ride on my brand new DS450. I was about to take it back to the dealer when it suddenly stopped and I haven't had a problem since.

The only thing that I could think of as far as a cause was that I had topped off the fuel and accidentally overflowed. I was thinking that there could have been some sort of safety feature to prevent a fire, because it did overflow onto the header and everything.

nvrpmx
02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
does it do this after riding for some time or as soon as you start it, and does it seem to be getting hot after a short ride by blowing coolant out.

DSRider450
02-18-2008, 10:54 AM
Its doesnt blow any coolant but the fan does not come on and the light comes on as soon as i start it and then it blinks and then goes solid. But the light is always on

nvrpmx
02-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Sorry i could not get back to you sooner had to work all day. It is going to have to go back to the dealer to check what code the light is flashing,should be a quick fix.We have put many hours on the ds 450 and really like it,you will too.Let us all know what was causing the problem when it gets solved. thanks