PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 problem??

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I saw a cheap 360 im thinking about buying.

Its cheap because he doesnt know whats wrong with it, heres exactly what he said:

"selling a broken xbox 360 unit has 2 red lights... looks like its overheating or somehting"

Does anyone think they know whats wrong with it? Is it something I can fix myself?
I really want it, so any help is appreciated.:D

mx825
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
a broken xbox is just more trouble than a working xbox:mad:

don't buy a piece of junk:o

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
aww man. it was such a good price...

Are you sure its something not fixable?

TRX_450
02-17-2008, 10:32 AM
its just getting too hot...if u can find a way to get inside it clean out the fans and maybe replace em...if the price is good and u think u can get into the unit go for it

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by TRX_450
its just getting too hot...if u can find a way to get inside it clean out the fans and maybe replace em...if the price is good and u think u can get into the unit go for it

Would an attachment fan work?

I know when my PS2 fan came undone, I put a fan behind it because it was overheating and it worked fine.

I figured they make those bolt on fans for the 360 for a reason.

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Also, for reference, he was only asking $75 obo.

cannibal67
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Same thing happened to mine. You have to send it to the repair center in Texas. I had to call them and register my console then trouble shoot it and they finally sent me a box to ship it back to them in. I got it back like a month later with a year free of xbox live gold membership. Go to xbox.com and you should find the repair hotline. Once I registered mine they repaired it for free.

cannibal67
02-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I think they call it the red ring of death. I know I tried the fan to cool it down because I thought the same thing but mine would not do ****, It happened as soon as I bought Halo 3 and put it in to play it.

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 10:52 AM
I found what it is.

If I get the console ill try something myself, or send it to texas.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907533

I might try to trade my PS2 for it.
If not, what should I offer. He's asking 75obo

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Hey cannible,

How do I get to the repair hotline? Im on xbox.com, but i cant find anything bout it.

02-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
I saw a cheap 360 im thinking about buying.

Its cheap because he doesnt know whats wrong with it, heres exactly what he said:

"selling a broken xbox 360 unit has 2 red lights... looks like its overheating or somehting"

Does anyone think they know whats wrong with it? Is it something I can fix myself?
I really want it, so any help is appreciated.:D

I had the 3RLOD (3 Red lights of Death) your 360 wont work and you have to send it back to microsoft to be fixed. Without a warranty they will charge around $150 to repair it. And if it was tampered with or opened before not by microsoft they will never touch it or fix it.

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I had the 3RLOD (3 Red lights of Death) your 360 wont work and you have to send it back to microsoft to be fixed. Without a warranty they will charge around $150 to repair it. And if it was tampered with or opened before not by microsoft they will never touch it or fix it.

This doesnt have the RROD (Red Ring Of Death)

This is just 2 red lights which means its overheating. Cannible said they fixed his free

mx825
02-17-2008, 11:30 AM
75 bucks sounds like a deal even if it is overheating.

make sure the owner hasn't opened the console up and broken the seal before you buy it.

if it sucks and doesn't work, call up microsoft and tell them about it. bet they fix it free, or at least cheap

trxwannbe
02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
hey ask him if it was bought at a wal-mart and if it was all you have to do is spend a little time waiting at customer service and you can get away with saying its only like a week old and you just want to exchange it for a new one

Hondamaster5505
02-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
hey ask him if it was bought at a wal-mart and if it was all you have to do is spend a little time waiting at customer service and you can get away with saying its only like a week old and you just want to exchange it for a new one

hahaha. really?

do you need the reciept?

m.h.s.c.#527
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by cannibal67
Same thing happened to mine. You have to send it to the repair center in Texas. I had to call them and register my console then trouble shoot it and they finally sent me a box to ship it back to them in. I got it back like a month later with a year free of xbox live gold membership. Go to xbox.com and you should find the repair hotline. Once I registered mine they repaired it for free.

they only do that for the original owner and you need a reciept within one year of purchase

cannibal67
02-17-2008, 05:43 PM
They did fix mine for free. I didnt tamper with mine and I had the 3 red rings. I can't remember where I got there number I'll try to find it, all I got is there adress and I didnt see a number on the box. As long as that console has'nt been tampered with and has not being registered in someone elses name they should fix it for free, if you cant do it yourself.

cannibal67
02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
You can go to xbox.com and go over to support on your right. Then down at the bottom of this will be contact support. Once you click that it will show you everything you need to know. You'll also see repair agent on your right after clicking contact support, this is what I was talking about. The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX