PDA

View Full Version : shaved flywheel results.

hanzito
02-16-2008, 11:05 PM
well i just got home from our season finalle for our local flat track race. And let me say wow. What a noticeable difference with my son on the quad and with me on it. My son runs his atv in the Mini ATV Advanced class. And i run it in the mini ATV Open class, adults on minis basically.

Thus far this season my sons biggest compettition has been my friends Ricks daughter on her Jack masaged LT80. Jack if i remember his name right goes by the user name LT80 on these and some other forums. He built Ricks daughters motor last year. With some porting airbox work and a 420 chani conversion and gearing, and a Trinity pipe. Might be more but cant remember.

Any way, up till this point my son has been getting pulled down the straight aways and holeshoted like nobodys businers by Kylee's LT80. Well not any more. NOw i would have to save they are pretty evenly matched. NOw it is more rider input and line choice. I still think the the lt80 is a quicker bike. But i know th etyphoon is fast with having a 4 speed vs CVT. My son and i both ran practice and the first hear with the bike as previoulsy set up with the 146 GPX motor out of my pitster pro pitbike. For both of our mains i put the 5 oz lighter flywheel in. It made a noticeable improvement. The bike now spools up quicker, Is more responsive as your roll on the throttle coming out of the corners. And over all just runs better.

Best of all is it was a free mod that required no other chnages other than a removal of hte flywheel and install of the new one that only took a couple of minutes. and the change was noticeable imediatley. My son came in first wich he hasnt done since the beginging of the season when Ricks daughter started racing her lt80. So jsut the bigg ole smile on my sons face was worth it. It was to lateint e season to affect points. But it did get him a big first place trophy and a big ole smile.

In my race on his typhoon I came in first i beat out a ssr version typhoon and the lt80 and a blaster. on my sons 146 typhoon.

Overall very happy and would recomend to anyone. Easy and cheap mod to perform...

double d 1
02-18-2008, 04:16 PM
congrats on the win!!!

rhinorick
02-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Hans I dont know if it was flywheel as much as the new motor. I sure hope it was flywheel. that would be nice because I got you old motor :) but it looked like she could have lapped him when it was stock then she was only getting 1/2 a lap with the gpx then. I would say it was a true rider race with the flywheel & motor. that little motor jack makes runs good. I sure was glad to see zack run with her just wasnt fair before. Kylee didnt like it lol she said to me "dad now I have to try." I looked at her and thought wtf. told her thats why they call it a race. little turd she keeps that up and I'm going to put her out there on blakes Predator 50 :D

rhinorick
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
and you didnt beat the lt the night I raced it lol say what ya want abought that but Rubbing is racing :D and I asked ya if ya wanted to rub B4 the race

hanzito
02-20-2008, 07:32 AM
ya kyle better watch it rick zackary is coming for her. and as far as you and i. rubbing is racing. and i had blast even with the bustedparts. darn plastic fenders and brake lights anyway. i look forward to doing it again.