PDA

View Full Version : ktm 525

racernorris
02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
got my hand on a 525 today, the owner had ordered a set of walsh a-arms back in november, and recieved them last week, after they installed them they brought it to me to set up the shocks, the front shocks are not to bad was able to adjust without changing springs, but the rear is a different story, now u have to understand these shocks are supose to be set up for xc, were setting them for mx, the rear shock in stock form is a bit stiff, pulled it off and put spring in a spring rater(400 lb), installed 800 lb top spring, spring seperator, and 450 lb main spring, after adjusting the rebound, i test road on my mx track, jumped a 60 foot table top and several 45-55 ft doubles, adjusted some on the rebound, over jumped a 55 ft double and flat landed, did not bottom out, moved to whoop section, after adjusting on rebound again, i advised the owner to try a 400-425 main spring on rear.

the frame is more like a yamaha, (not much rake in the front of the frame) a negative to me, i do like the no link rear set up, the front shocks are 18 1/4 -18 1/2 long (like a yamaha long travel)
the front brake will throw you over the bars, the clutch is very smooth, after installing a hmf exhaust the owner rejeted to a 175 from a 165, they also changed the front sprocket to a 14 from a 13, and the rear to 36 from a 37, this gearing worked well on the mx track, the power of the motor is smooth and broad, about 3500-4500 rpm it really pulls hard, i will try and complete this report later as we test more!!!!!! :macho

norris
quinn motorsports

Quad_Runner
02-17-2008, 05:40 AM
I really like the potential of the new KTM. Look forward to hearing more.