PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Problem!!!

Robin Hood
02-16-2008, 08:11 PM
I went on to type my chem homework up and as I looked up I saw that all my t's looked like this: t5 t5 t5 and all my y's looked like this: y6 y6 y6.

I've been backspacing after every t and y so far. Also, my backspace opens up file transfer on AIM.

Nothing was spilled on the laptop, and i don't feel like sending it out. Can someone help me out here? :confused:

02-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
I went on to type my chem homework up and as I looked up I saw that all my t's looked like this: t5 t5 t5 and all my y's looked like this: y6 y6 y6.

I've been backspacing after every t and y so far. Also, my backspace opens up file transfer on AIM.

Nothing was spilled on the laptop, and i don't feel like sending it out. Can someone help me out here? :confused:

Pop the T, Y and spacebar key off the keyboard.

Take a knife, put the tip under the key and pop it off. (Watch out...the key will fly.)

See if there is any junk under or around it. And if that doesn't work, go to Wal-mart and get some keyboard cleaner. It comes in an aerozol (sp?) can.

400ex28
02-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by MrMan
Wal-mart and get some keyboard cleaner. It comes in an aerozol (sp?) can.

Duster :p

02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
Duster :p

I tend to not remember names to things I hate.

(It was sprayed to my nipple when I was sleeping...Painful stuff.)

Robin Hood
02-17-2008, 09:59 AM
I tend to not remember names to things I hate.

Ouch :eek:

Anyway, I couldn't find anything underneath the keys, so I guess I'm just SOL. It's a 2500$ laptop and its only 1/2 a year old!! :mad:

Stupid DELL

416exfreak
02-17-2008, 10:14 AM

:eek2:

I would have killed someone...:huh

mx825
02-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Stupid DELL

correction: stupic microsoft.

:blah: