PDA

View Full Version : Gt Thunder A arms for 450R

brandonpeake
02-16-2008, 07:32 PM
I assume these were made to Laz's specs so ill start with that, I am curriently building/piecing together a practice bike and im going to go with stock GT Gthunder rebuilds for now since i already had the back and linkage, so While building this 04/05 b/c its a compilations of parts from both so I m getting laz to redo my fronts and one thing i need is a arms i got some stock ones but i was thinking about trying the GT thunder ones ive read good things about them, but i got houser on my 06 and love them and they the houser are cheaper than the GTT ones, but price isnt the onlt concern and I would kind of like to try some new parts to maybe find something better than I have now but what I want to know is are the GTT arms built to work with his revalved shocks? I know other arm builders have built them to work with specific shocks before but i could not find any info on this, I think Laz is a great guy nd make some great products but i was just curious about these arms before i paid over 200 more than some houser ones
thanks
B

450rdr424
02-16-2008, 11:37 PM
i would call and ask because the atv fourplay and the gt thunder a-arms are very simular and both companies are from ohio, look at brandon sommers bike and you will see his a-arms are atv fourplay...dont know if fourplay is supplying them or if he has his own......

national425ex
02-17-2008, 08:34 AM
The arms are built to go along with the shocks. Im thinking laz told me that ATV Four Play builds his arms for him. But are bulit to Laz'z specs. Best thing to do is call GT Thunder. They are a bunch of great people there and will help you.

IOWAracer
02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
your right the are atv fourplay built to laz's specs i believe he does some differnt shock tuning for those arms extended travel mod and somthing else not sure tho

BB

JCoop
02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I have a set of the GTT arms for my 450r with his rebuilds. I like them a lot, when I asked Laz if they were better compared to stock arms he said that they would turn better because of camber adjustment and better stability because they are +1 wider. They are also much stronger then stock arms.

If you can get over the price tag then I would recommend them to you. I have noticed an improved ride with the combo and 4+1 hipers.

Hope this helps.