PDA

View Full Version : need tips on building mx track

Omar
02-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Where can I go to get info on how to build jumps for an mx track?

TJFATE450
02-18-2008, 10:22 PM
http://dirtwurx.com/track_tips.php

this will give you a start

RideHard7
03-06-2008, 09:55 PM
If you have the equiptment, you can start planning how you are going to run the layout. When you build the jumps think of the jumps at your local mx track and you can change them up a bit.

brandonpeake
03-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Hey man I have just started building a playground ill call it b/c it wont be a full out track but you will need alot more dirt thn you think unless you are alot more familliar with this than I am/ was.
I just got my first dbl built and the 1 jump and landing took about 5 times as much dirt as I thought so a nice table top is going to take an ungodly amount of dirt, I got some land of my own I am leveling to get the dirt to get started but I expect to have to buy some but like others said dirt wurks is good but i also found a place that talked more about dirt fall angle and how to make your take off on a dbl at 30 degrees and your landing at 20 so it was safer for practice track, Alot depends on your terrain on what type of jumps to build. If you got specific questions ask and ill try to answer I have been researching this for about 3 months reading everything I could looking at local tracks etc, that helps alot. I went by Ballance Moto-X and it gave me some good ideas so did watching some huevos videos to see some of the jumps used i think 6 and 8 had some nice shots of the jumps