PDA

View Full Version : anybody own a banjo?

Dr89
02-16-2008, 04:53 PM
haha random but...lately i've been really into learning the banjo and have been practicing the finger rolls and stuff on a guitar but its just not even close to the same.

but if any there's just any banjo players out there let me know how you like it??? was it hard to learn?

anyways im looking for one if anyone has one they want to get rid of...i just bought myself a new bow so i have my old PSE compound bow to trade for one. its a great beginner bow for any age, 30-40 pounds i believe, may go up to 50 i cant remember i'd have to check. GREAT CONDITION!! its a whole package, sights, rest, stabilizer, arrows, etc...

mittman
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
i dont play but my dad started to play so far he likes it and i've tried it once you remember the rolls its pretty easy but there are like a 100 different rolls i dont know were he keeps all his music stuff like for guitar,Harmonica,and banjo he must have a Separate brain lol

Dr89
02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
haha no kidding some people are just like that...i dont know i'll feel pretty good if i can just master a few popular songs lol

Dr89
02-18-2008, 04:38 PM
nobody!? haha what do you people do when your not riding?

NJ450rider
02-18-2008, 05:07 PM
always riding! lol I play the guitar but ive never thought about playin a banjo. I wouldnt even know where to get one. Does the regular guitar store sell em? I dont even know anyone that owns one.

416exfreak
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I have one...

My great grandfather made it for me before he passed away about 12 years ago.

Next time im at my grandparents house (no idea when) I'll get some pics of it.

I have no idea how to play it.

Ive been playing guitar for 3 years though. Im pretty nifty with it.:p

Dr89
02-18-2008, 05:39 PM
haha yea i thought of doing the guitar but these days its like everybody and their brother plays one....in my case everyone and their sister lol...my dad and little sister tear it up, if you haven't heard it download Hand of Blood by Bullet for my Valentine, she can play the WHOLE THING now...haha talk about hurting your pride

416exfreak
02-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Lol, she must be pretty good.

Ive been playing alot of older slayer and testament here lately.

I play anything fast and heavy.:devil:

Dr89
02-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I play anything fast and heavy.:devil:

haha thats what she said...

immature but i couldnt pass it up :rolleyes:

416exfreak
02-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Dr89
haha thats what she said...

immature but i couldnt pass it up :rolleyes:

I walked into it:p