PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! brakelines dont matchup right

Honda#4
02-16-2008, 04:24 PM
I bought some Galfer brakelines from K&K 2 months ago and I finally got them, I put them on yesterday and only one line was the right with the other two are to long it's like I got a +3 line and 2 +4 lines I need help quick nothing is working.

Honda#4
02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
j/w if one side of the brake lines are shorter than the other on the a-arms?

02-16-2008, 05:51 PM
1 line will be shorter than the other because look where the mounting location is for the T junction its not centered.

Honda#4
02-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Ok thanks man, guess i'll have to look closer tomorrow but im pretty sure I got it all figured out just needed a second opinion.

02-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I originally messed up when I put on my SS brake lines because I put the a-arms lines on the wrong sides. i had the longer 1 on the shorter side and the shorter 1 on the longer side.

416exfreak
02-16-2008, 06:20 PM
How much of a difference did you notice when you went with the SS brake lines over stock?

Do the brakes feel like they work any better?

02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
How much of a difference did you notice when you went with the SS brake lines over stock?

Night and day. Its so much easier to stop, you can stop quicker, you have a better reaction time for braking because you dont have to pull in the lever as much, the brakes dont feel "spongy", you know you have brakes. I bought mine for $30 shipped to my door. They are for +2 or +3 but I have them on stock a-arms without any problems.

hornetgod13
02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

Braided steel lines feel and perform atleast 50 percent better than stock rubber lines. The steel braided lines don't expand when pressure is applied like rubber lines and all the pressure is delivered to the brake calipers. You get a quicker response and less brake lever deflection with no spongy feel. I liked the front ones so much I ran out and bought a line for the rear brake too.

Honda#4
02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
I can't wait to get out and try the lines if it would only stop snowing here. I may have to purchase the rear line also but for now i'm on a pretty tight budget and theres other parts I want before the rear lines.

02-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I didnt bother getting a rear line because the stock pedal seems so sensative you cantget it where the tire doesnt just lock up. You push a little bit and you just feel your back end sliding around.

Honda#4
02-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Ever sense I put on new brake pads i've had great stopping power in the rear.

Maych
04-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Great info about SS lines. I have a stock 06 400ex and the brakes all the way around suck. I've replaced the pads, disassembled and cleaned everything, used a whole bottle of brake fluid bleeding them, but still can't get the play out of the levers. The brakes work but not until I've pressed or pulled and inch or two. Whats the best value for low budget ss lines to get? I'd like to completly replace the stock lines with SS both fronts and rear from levers to calipers. When these pads wear, I'll try the EBC sintered ones too. Riding conditions are tight trails, heavy on the brakes, and avoiding trees.

STUNTIN400EX
04-18-2008, 11:00 PM
I BOUGHT TUSK FROM RMATV! don't seem to bad for the price, i will replace the pads in a month or two.

REPOMAN
04-19-2008, 12:55 PM
i bought me some lonestar front and rear lines the other day and wow. i wish i had bought them along time ago. braking power is awesome with steel braided