PDA

View Full Version : Key Switch Troubles!!

Brauap
02-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I have the stock key switch, and after I go riding and park it, the next day I go out and it wont go in, so I have to force it in, and it has no problem going in and out, but wont turn. It happend one time before, and so I gave up and went out the enxt day and it was fine!! So I went out a few days ago and the same thing happend!! So I wanted a few days and I almost broke the key by it not turning (I bent the key sideways,! good thing I have spares!) So I let it go a few more days untill today and it still hadn't done anything and I took it out, and I was just smaking it up some to see if there where anything in there, but I hit it just alittle too hard.. and whoops! I broke it. So when I get a new one, I was just wondering what I could do to prevent it from happening again. Also was just wondering id that has happend to anyone else. All I know is, IT SUCKS!!
:cuss:

Thank You!!!

(Also, I am looking for a new one, if anyone has any. .;) ;) :cool: )

02-16-2008, 02:28 PM
did you try using any electrical safe lube or something?

monte433
02-16-2008, 02:36 PM
If you keep it in and unheated place it was probably freezing on you, spray the inside with wd40, it has always worked for me.

BrandonV
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
it happended to me one time, i just put my hand underneath the plastic on the switch and pushed up and it turned on. it always worked since then.