PDA

View Full Version : High Idle, Running Lean, Sticky Throttle????

450rcrazy022692
02-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Long story short, I stopped riding my quad in june, and this week I decided it would be a good idea to take it out, and give it some exercise. Well it doesnt start, so I charge up the battery and clean the carb.

Now That i have put it back together, it starts right up instantly, but it now seems to idle really fast and when i push in the throttle the rpms go up, and when i release the throttle they stay there. I took it for a little ride adn when im in 1st gear, I give it like no throttle and let it just roll and its fine, but as soon as i hit the throttle it does the same, sticks. As I was putting it away, I noticed my header glowing red.

What could be wrong with this? I know its something easy but im just dumbfounded.

BTW the quad is an 04 yfz. Its got a Yosh TRS full exhaust with quiet core, prodesgn intake, k&n filter, outerwears, little port and polish, and a je piston.

Any ideas are welcome! Thanks

Thanks

#17YFZRACER
02-17-2008, 08:41 AM
if you took the carb off you may have put the throttle cable back in the wrong hole in the wheel in the carb. it has two holes in the wheel you hook the throttle cable to it should be in the closest hole. i dont even know if it is possible to put it in the other or not, just thinking. and did you re-greese it when you put it back together? maybe lube up your cable. thats all i got, good luck

WOLFPACK
02-18-2008, 06:13 AM
What your describing is also a sign of an air leak. Check the carb boot for cracks.

02-18-2008, 10:25 AM
1- carb boot leak. Check for tears in the boot that goes from carb to motor. You might have over tighten it and put a slice in it. If thats the case ill send ya one if you pay shipping

2- head gasket leak. Pretty much same concept its letting air in causing it to run lean and idel high

3-improper jetting. well.. its not right

4-Head pipe loose. Some times it will idle high with this and will back fire like a mofo on decell. so its something to look over.