PDA

View Full Version : New Steering Stabilizer from GPR MUST SEE!!!

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 12:41 PM
I called GPR knowing their history and expertise in the industry and asked about a stabilizer for our project. After talking to one of the owners for a while I knew this was the unit for us and had him send one out ASAP!

GPR has owned the street bike market with its amazingly accurate steering stabilizers. They also offer a great stabilizer for ATV's that fits under your handlebars that Champion racers like Doug Eichner and Duncan Racing's Chad Lohr use. GPR didn't get where they are today without pushing the envelope and listening to their riders though. There new ATV stabilizer is evidence of this.

Tracks change after a few laps and your stabilizer settings might not be as ideal as you hoped at the start of the race... The ability to change the settings on the fly is crucial in times like this and GPR has just the answer.

This new ATV solution mounts in the frame as others do, but utilizes a remote adjustment dial that fits up on the bars for easy on the fly corrections.

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Handlebar remote adjustment

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Over the top build quality that GPR is known for :)

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 12:44 PM

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I will get some installed pics as soon as I can. We are really excited about this product. GPR has done a great job and we know it will help our project bike tremendously.

Jersey450R
02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
its a very nice set up, i'm just wondering people are having a hard time fitting all the controls on their bars between clutch perches, kill switches, handgaurd mounts, on/off/light perches, etc.

02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
all I have to say is thats amazing and genious! whats the price tag on 1 of those?

Benjithx
02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
The remote unit is designed to sit next to your left grip but I am sure you could put it any where on the bars you wanted.

We shouldn't have any issue running it on the left.

Look for the price point to be very competitive. :)

pro-rider46
02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
my brother has a gpr stabilizer on his r6 bike, and it is Super nice. i like it so much. looks just like the pics you have, except its by his tank, and it doesnt have a remote adjustment.

Benjithx
02-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I was really impressed with there street bike applications. That why I was so excited to here about this bad boy

pro-rider46
02-17-2008, 11:37 AM
how much did it cost for it, i am going to look at em sometime

Benjithx
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
can't give the price in case it has changed, but

Call em up 619.661.0101

http://gprstabilizer.com/

I am on a business trip in CA right now, but that bad boy will be installed just as soon as i get back. I will have some more info for everyone then.

400exrider707
02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I've never used a GPR, but I will say, that is one of the trickest looking stabilizers I've ever seen....:eek2:

Benjithx
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Got it on today!

Install was a breeze. I meant to take more pics but before I knew it it was on.

One thing to note is that you have to slide the remote over your bars so you will need to roll off your grips. I used a heat gun and the Oury's came right off and they were glued on. The remote adjustment is very accurate and I can't wait to try it on the track.

We are working with ARC on some levers but the stockers would work fine with this setup. We might have to use Flexx's hand guard mounts to make more room. Flexx bars can get a little tight.

I can't say enough good things about this unit from GPR. I gave them my steering stem diameter and they set me up with a perfect clamp that is rock solid. It mounts to the frame easily and very securely

what do you think?

Benjithx
02-21-2008, 07:52 PM
GPR

Benjithx
02-21-2008, 07:54 PM
GPR 2

440challenger
02-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Not bad ,but in my opinion, for the average rider racer,its not worth it. Most the times when you flip your quad its nailing the bars. That On the fly adjustment is going to get so much dirt and water in it and be easily broken from a roll, likely breaking the hydraulic line). Now finding room on your bars (especially flexx bars) and an added line going up to the bars makes for very cramped controls.

Im sure it works well, but when im racing,i barely have time to adjust my on the fly clutch , let alone change your stabilizer settings...

TWISTED DINLI
02-22-2008, 06:50 AM
I think its a nice setup but i would be afraid of tapping it with my hand or something when you are hanging on to the handlebars bc of it right there next to your hand. but looks to me like it would be a good idea other than what i said.

Benjithx
02-22-2008, 11:59 AM
We are going to beat on this thing and try to make it fail, but I expect GPR products to hold up. Stay tuned for more info.

...now, if I only had a motor:huh