PDA

View Full Version : Motor swap?

bloodmoney23
02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey guys, im sure you can but i want to make sure before I commit to this. Does an 04 motor direct fit an 05? Motor mounts and all that good stuff. I have a guy selling his 04 450R with a completely built motor that is willing to swap motors with my 05 motor not built.....1. To me if he is willing to swap with an almost stock motor then something is prolly wrong with his or 2. He doesnt know what hes doing. What do you guys think? I still want to get my motor built by Chad, but this is something to do so that I can save my money to send it to Chad.

02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
04 and 05 are exactly the same.

bloodmoney23
02-16-2008, 11:13 AM
thats exactly what i thought, he said the motor mounts were different so i had to make sure. Now the question is, should I do it? I am kinda worried cause who would swap a fully built motor for a motor with HRC cam and 11.5:1 piston?

hotrodbelair
02-16-2008, 12:29 PM
does he want to trade straight up for your motor or you put in cash. maybe he wants to just return it to stock to sell it but still would think he would want some cash for it also. i would ride it first and see if theres anything goin wrong with it see if it burns oil leaking oil, using up coolant. do you know whats all done to the motor?