PDA

View Full Version : stupid moment, electic help needed

Stevie-D
02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
last summer i lost the key for my predator, and being the impatient guy i am, i took the ignition switch out of my trailboss and stuck it on the predator (plugged right in, which would make stealing a polaris extremely easy :p ) annnyyywayyyy, i ran it for about an hour with no problems. i shut it off, then a few minutes later threw the key on, hit the start button, and lost all power.

i later found the original key, switched the key cylinder back, etc. checked all grounds, connections, etc. still nothing.

i had the 440 out earlier today, and it got me itching to get the predator going again. its been collecting dust in the garage for months

my guts telling me that it's the CDI box, but i am wondering if there is a way to test it before i go buy a new one??

eerhard09
02-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Don't know the Predator at all but is there a fuse somewhere near the battery that could have popped? That would be a good place to start before trying out a new CDI.

rgasper33
02-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Do you know anyone else with an 03 or 04 preddy. If ya do then take theres off and throw it on yours and see. My CDI on my preddy went a while back. thats how I tested it. Thats all I can give you.

Stevie-D
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
checked all the fuses, relays, etc etc... all good.

i had thought about swapping with a good one, but apparently the predator is a rare creature around these parts. i dont know of anyone else that owns one. only reason i have the damn thing is because the price was right:macho

actually impressed with the quad as a whole. side by side or on the track, it'll take my 440.

Bradracer18
02-19-2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah, if its not one of those two relays(in the black tape), then prob your cdi.

Might be able to keep your eye open on ebay or the predowners site, for a cheap one. They are usually going up for sale all the time.