PDA

View Full Version : houser a arm mounting

whc
02-16-2008, 06:04 AM
just got a set of houser stock travel arms. started to mount and notice that there instructions call for the lower arm grease zerts to be on the bottom of the arm, but where drilled on the top ( same side as the shock mounts) this actually made more sense since they would most likley have gotten torn off on the bottom. But with the zert on top it come up against the shock mounting bracket on the frame with out the shock mounted. with the shock on the quad (spring removed) it comes close when the urathane bumper touches. am considering grinding a little notch in the shock mount bracket?? houser does not do customer service on weekends and wanted to complete project this weekend! any help will be appreciated Mild Bill

NJ450rider
02-16-2008, 07:29 AM
I just put houser LT a arms on my 450r and i noticed the same thing. The directions are kinda wierd. But at any rate the grease zerks always go to the bottom. Theyll get ripped if in about 5 mintues being on top. So either turn them around or switch it to the other side of the quad. Make sure there down!

Also before i had the LT housers on my 450r I also had Houser standard travel a arms and the grease zerks were down and underneath as well.

boosted3g
02-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I just put a set on last night and saw the same thing. I put the arm labeled as lower left of the lower left and so on. Putting them on this way has the zerks facing each other, top down and bottom up. Is the 400ex different than the directions or is the packaging wrong?

NJ450rider
02-16-2008, 09:22 AM
YEah im not sure. It seems the upper a arms are labled the wrong side or the directions have the wrong part numers for the sides as well. The grease zerks should be down!

boosted3g
02-16-2008, 09:49 AM
If you flip the lower a arms the houser sticker will be on the back side which is not correct. You cant install them any other way than the zerks up on the lowers. I put all my weight on the front and can get the arms level and they still have travel to go before the zerks will touch. The back mount will not hit, there is a notch in there already but the front looks to get close.

drew416ex
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
I have houser standard travel +2 and my zerks go down

whc
02-16-2008, 04:39 PM
interesting my 2+ arms have the zerts on the same side as the shock mounts so there is no way to mount them accept zerts up. and yes they so clear but the front looks too close for comfort. I may put a notch like the rear mount has as a precaution. also my kit came with two allen head plugs that look like they would fit in place of the zerts?? ive emailed houser but they only work weekdays. Mild Bill

drew416ex
02-16-2008, 05:47 PM
You could always drill and tap the bottom and plug the top holes

whc
02-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I have the tools and the skill, but these are brand new, I probaly will hold off till next week and see what housers people have to say. Just kind of annoying wanted to ice ride with my grandsons tommorow. Mild Bill