PDA

View Full Version : 500 efi pro and con

USMCSKI
02-16-2008, 05:41 AM
If you own one I would like to know about your opinion on it. I plan to buy an ATV later this month or next month and want to hear all the good and bad things about them.
Also has anyone had any problems out of their machine. If you were in the merket to buy would you get another one or go with another machine?

tireman43
02-16-2008, 10:05 PM
I don't have the EFI but my 500 has been great and done everything I have ever needed it to do. If I got more use out of mine now then I would upgrade to a newer EFI. The Sportsman is very comfortable and is a workhorse. I also looked at the fact it has been the #1 selling quad since it was introduced. There are others on the market that are good machines but the Sportsman is a great choice. The only thing negative I've had is that the factory battery didn't last long. I replaced it and has been good.

Kevin

OUTLAWGNCC
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I bought the Sportsman X2 in the camo and can't say enough about it. The EFI is super, it is really cold here in Ohio and not having to mess with a choke is great. It fires up on the second/third turnover every time. Supposedly better fuel metering getting me better fuel mileage. Today I am cutting wood and hauling a trailer behind it in 4-5 inches of snow. It runs superb and I am getting around in 4 wheel drive with no effort. Love the dump bed to put my saw/gas in. Second seat flip out in seconds and my wife loves to ride with me in comfort. By getting the mossy oak camo, there are no scratches on it, it won't scratch. I would have the regular plastic scratched up bad by now, well worth the money and it looks nice too. I do all the maintanance on it no prob. Check out the X2, it has many advantages over the regular Sportsman and not too much more in price. Chuck.