PDA

View Full Version : efi or no efi

desratt
02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
efi or no efi that is the question...

who would like to see efi on the next generation trx450r. maybe in 2009.

d3ktrix
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
lol this question always pops up a lot around this time of year doesn't it :P

I really could care less about EFI, I just strapped an 07 FCR on my bike and the throttle response is crazy.

Though not having to change jets constantly would be nice.

pro-rider46
02-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix

Though not having to change jets constantly would be nice.

amen to that, i would like efi cause of that. just efi costs money to upgrade it tho,

smithn1683
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
If done right EFI is the way to go. But it would have to be a system that has an o2 sensor to measure the A/F ratio.

02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Honda needs some bigger changes than "bold new graphics" to stay with the crowd.

NJ450rider
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
MY answer would be yes and no to be honest.

No if its touchy like the LTR450. I cant stand it theres like zero effort to the throttle.

Yes if its like the kfx450r and raptor700. Even being EFI its not even close to touchy. Its like having a carbed engine just a whole lot smoother power delivery.

Tuning with EFI is wayyyy better than jets in a carb.

I hope someday EFI systems are open loop like automobiles and they tune themselves as you ride them.

pudamac12
02-15-2008, 04:56 PM
most likely we will never see it like automobiles. Even street bikes still have to have power commanders and even less street riders race their bikes then quad riders. It is also better for them to be able to sell mapping systems and make more money that way.

mcleod
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
i would appreciate a efi like car, since i actually work with them!

im tuning turbo/nitro car all day long! so it's not hard to me to mods injection!

im not that good for carb's tuning :P

it's way easyer to change value in my laptop from reading sensor including a wideband o2 then test-change jet lol

but im actually using my wideband o2sensor to know if im close or not !

better then plug reading.

desratt
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
also they could go even further and do direct injection

450rdominator
02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
hell ya.....I want efi....I would rather pay that 300 something dollars for the efi controller and be done, than have to play with jets and tunning for days and everytime you go to different ridding areas in different elavations you need to change...after a while its a pain in the ***!!!

02-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by mcleod
i would appreciate a efi like car, since i actually work with them!

im tuning turbo/nitro car all day long! so it's not hard to me to mods injection!

im not that good for carb's tuning :P

it's way easyer to change value in my laptop from reading sensor including a wideband o2 then test-change jet lol

but im actually using my wideband o2sensor to know if im close or not !

better then plug reading.

EFI is easy for you because you have the correct tools. If you had the correct tools for carb tuning you wouldn't be test changing.

I will stick with a carb. My quad is fast enough for me.

bloodmoney23
02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
i think EFI is a matter of convenience rather than an upgrade to make you go faster. And to be honest I would love to have that convenience cause im sick of changing jets just cause the temp changes 15ยบ. Just buy a power commander and add fuel or minus fuel with 2 simple buttons. Too easy.

mx825
02-16-2008, 07:20 PM
they need to make a model with the option of either.

along with a narrow model, and a wider model.

the absence of rider support and the bng is getting old:rolleyes:

miles Machine
02-16-2008, 08:42 PM
I would way rather have EFI i love tuning EFI's.
BTW if it has an o2 sensor like an automobile it would be called a closed loop.

NJ450rider
02-16-2008, 09:12 PM
automobiles are in closed loop till they warm up than they go into open loop.