PDA

View Full Version : Times up

Flip_SideEX
02-15-2008, 08:54 AM
Well, I have had my 400ex since 2003-2004 sometime in there. Since, I have graduated from high school, I have barely been riding at all. So, this past 2 weeks I decided to put it on CraigsList and try to sell it. Amazingly, I have received some interest. What I would really like would be to trade it for a crotch rocket, considering recently I just purchased a newer truck for me. One guy responded with his 2003 Buell XB9R Firebolt. Highly considering this trade. He wants me to add 2500 cash to my 400 though but here are the stats:
2003 Buell XB9R Firebolt
59xx miles
Adult ridden (Front tire has never been off the ground besides when front tire was changed)
ECM Racing Kit (Exhaust, k&n air intake, and something else)
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9034/0320buellrs8.jpg

2000 Honda 400ex
Elka triple rate non- rez front shocks
Acerbis black/white handgaurds
Ceet seat cover
Maier black front and back plastics
Elka black shocks covers/ PEP blue/ Red shockwears
DG Steel nerfs
Kenda XC rears
Stock new fronts
JE 10.6: 1 compression piston
Hot cam stage 2
Crf450 cam chain
Hinson clutch basket
Kill switch
Renthal handlebars
Dg front bumper
Powder coated white frame
Powder coated black : oil resivor, engine mounts, swingarm
Wb brake block off
Problems:
Bent top of steer stem
Bent back rim
Spray painted front a-arms
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/1559/imag0003ug6.jpg

So the question is do I do it? I would need to take the 2500 in a loan and double up with my already 10k truck loan.

mittman
02-15-2008, 09:36 AM
its a nice bike but you have a loan that you can pay off sooner if you dont spend the money you get for your 400 then down the road when you have more money to spend you can get a bike. but you do what you want to do dont let me stop you

Dr89
02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
its never good to go further into debt. you could either try to find a bike to trade straight up for, or sell the 400 and spend that same amount on a bike. but if i were you i would sell the 400 and put all the money towards the truck, but thats just me. the quicker you get it paid off the more money you'll save on interest thus more money toward a bike in the future :)

Flip_SideEX
02-15-2008, 05:22 PM
ah yea i figured that would be the smarter thing to do. but i would really like the bike for gas mileage during the summer. i guess ill try to work something out with the parents. i forgot to mention but i keep getting real low ball offers on the 400, and this is the best i could get for it. so its really hard to sell outright

mittman
02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
put it on ebay

my88r
02-15-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Flip_SideEX
ah yea i figured that would be the smarter thing to do. but i would really like the bike for gas mileage during the summer. i guess ill try to work something out with the parents. i forgot to mention but i keep getting real low ball offers on the 400, and this is the best i could get for it. so its really hard to sell outright

CraigsList you all ways get lowball offers from people. i would just part the ex out.:chinese:

WatersRacing
02-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Parting it out takes a lot of time, but you will get more money for the quad than you would if you sold it whole.

Flip_SideEX
02-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Firstly, parting out would be extremely hard for me to do. I attend school which is a distance from home and it would be difficult to keep up. Ebay sounds like a good idea at first, but finding a buyer a distance away would definitely make it harder. Also, it requires money to put on there, and if I didnt receive a decent offer on it, I wouldnt be able to let it go and would seem like a waste. The only thing I might sell seperately would be the front shocks, because I have two close friends looking for a new suspension.
At the moment, it looks like im going to keep it, unless I receive a reasonable offer. Though it needs to go, I have a 1200 school payment due in a couple weeks. Thanks for everyone's time and thoughts about the subject.

mittman
02-16-2008, 10:40 AM
plus its winter time and no one will want a 2wd atv