PDA

View Full Version : Maumee State Forest????

Drtridr18
11-18-2002, 05:39 AM
What are the details about Maumee State Forest? How could I get more information and details about riding there, or directions? We're from Sandusky, and looking for closer areas than Wayne National Forest, like 4 hours away.

Thanks a lot!!

Justin

LogLeeper
11-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Justin , here's the link for Maumee http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/Forests/stateforests/maumee.htm

the wife and I are going to be there tuesday at noon.....get a little riding in while rifle season is occuring in Michigan till the end of the month

therupe
11-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Drtridr18,

Here is what I know...

Used to ride there about 15 years ago, when I lived in the area (Swanton). Still drive past it quite a bit when heading home to visit. From what I understand and remember there is a aprox 4 mile loop with a few other trails that span in other directions. Most flat with whoops... I remember using this area a lot for my endurance training during that time.

Though I haven't actually rode there much, there isn't much there, but it was a place to ride... Give them a call...

Later,

therupe

hindelk
11-18-2002, 07:17 PM
your in sandusky im in norwalk and another good place is elson street i like elson better than maumee elson has a couple jumps and good hills some really steep others easy you choose what train you want to take the direction that my friend gave me are I 77 South to I30 east to RT. 43 South to Elson st turn rt. its at the end of the street when your on rt 43 you go down past the semi truck place then down a while and look for alittle sign on the right thast says elson street riding or ont he left side for the street sign it is a gravel road last time i was there there was a construction sign at the end that said fresh tar it might still be there

300exQuadracer
11-21-2002, 03:51 PM
the trails are fun if you have some friends and play follow the leader but on some days there is too many vehicles there for it to be any fun, also after a couple times there it gets a little boring, thats just my .02 take it for what its worth