PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

CSR400EX
02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
i was wondering, does any company make a better carb for a warrior other than edelbrock?? and also, what is the best exhaust in your all's opinions??? i was thinking maybe a HMF slip on with a FMF powerbomb. Thanks

Frack77
02-18-2008, 08:41 AM
Check out this link
http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=tutorials&action=display&thread=1199403426

I am in the process of doing this. I got the z400 carb, thumb throttle/throttle cable, and bsr style choke off of a kid local for 85 bucks! Now if i can find a damn dealer that carries the boot and clamp, i will be able to finish the project!

CSR400EX
02-18-2008, 10:02 PM
lol, i have tried to make an account, and it wont let me on:mad: what all do u need to make the Z400 carb work????

Frack77
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Here is what you need copied from the link.

1.) Z400 carb (obviously) these can be found on ebay for really cheap, I got mine for $45+ shipping
2.) Choke knob for BSR carbs, I was sent this link, but they can be found on ebay too.http://www.advantagecyclelc.com/showproduct.php?id=122&prodnext=0&searchvalue=&nbrProds=15&catId=16#prod
3.) Raptor 350 intake boot+ clamp: find them at your local dealer or any OEM parts catalogue.
5YT-13586-00-00 JOINT, CARBURETOR 1
90450-52003-00 HOSE CLAMP ASSY
4.) Assorted jets

I would recommend getting an account on that site, this guy did the swap and has quite a few good pics of the install. I just ordered the raptor carb joint and clamp yesterday, should be here thursday so hopefully this will be completed this weekend! I got lucky, a guy on the suzuki forum lived half hour from me, i got the carb(with the knob style choke), the thumb throttle/throttle cabel (if you read that link, the guy had an issue with the warriors stock throttle cable being too short but he managed to rid something up so i decided to get the z throttle so i didnt have to worry about it!) for 85 bucks!

CSR400EX
02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
thats cool, i finally got a account to work just now. i wonder if you could use a small FCR or something like that:macho

warriortamer
02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Duncan racing has a 38MM kit that is a bolt on kit for the Warrior. It is priced right around $230

Also, Sudco, www.sudco.com, has a Mikuni TM36 kit with the accelerator pump- its a really good kit. It is what I am using- just have to finish jetting it. It is rather pricey though at around $400

Another place I have found that has a bolt on kit is carb parts warehouse, www.carbparts.com You will have to call them as the kit is not listed on the website. Unsure of the price. I believe it uses the TM33 carb- similar to the TM36 but measures out at 33mm.

Another option is a Raptor 350 carb- you would need almost the same stuff as the Z400 carb but could use your stock thumb throttle. Plus the jetting on it would be pretty close to a stock Warrior.

Frack77
02-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Frack77
Here is what you need copied from the link.

1.) Z400 carb (obviously) these can be found on ebay for really cheap, I got mine for $45+ shipping
2.) Choke knob for BSR carbs, I was sent this link, but they can be found on ebay too.http://www.advantagecyclelc.com/showproduct.php?id=122&prodnext=0&searchvalue=&nbrProds=15&catId=16#prod
3.) Raptor 350 intake boot+ clamp: find them at your local dealer or any OEM parts catalogue.
5YT-13586-00-00 JOINT, CARBURETOR 1
90450-52003-00 HOSE CLAMP ASSY
4.) Assorted jets

I would recommend getting an account on that site, this guy did the swap and has quite a few good pics of the install. I just ordered the raptor carb joint and clamp yesterday, should be here thursday so hopefully this will be completed this weekend! I got lucky, a guy on the suzuki forum lived half hour from me, i got the carb(with the knob style choke), the thumb throttle/throttle cabel (if you read that link, the guy had an issue with the warriors stock throttle cable being too short but he managed to rid something up so i decided to get the z throttle so i didnt have to worry about it!) for 85 bucks!

Dunno about the FCR. I have the boot now and i tried installing it this weekend. I am in the process of stretching out the boot that goes from the carb to the airbox, the opening on that side of the carb is ALOT wider so you have to stretch it out. It hasnt been an easy task so far!

#17YFZRACER
04-10-2008, 04:21 PM
:chinese: