PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr

JForestZ34
02-14-2008, 08:30 PM
YEAH. Great start so far 2 for 2 this year.. WOn the 1st Duel tonight. .I see great things this year for him..

James

NPelletier
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
their only restrictor plate races, im a die hard jr fan myself, but im not sure how good he'll do passed daytona

elmer91
02-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by NPelletier
their only restrictor plate races, im a die hard jr fan myself, but im not sure how good he'll do passed daytona

yeah, i was wondering that myself. But 2 wins so far, after a 2 year dry season is pretty good.

redlineranger
02-14-2008, 08:52 PM
*there only restrictor plate races*:rolleyes: yall talk like you've been doin it for years.

Dale Jr is a well rounded driver, and no matter what he just cant impress no one. if he won every race this year the excuse would be "because he's in a hendrick car, and even a monkey could win in a hendrick car"

wins at Bristol, Atlanta, Texas, Michigan, Dover, Kansas, Phoenix, Richmond and prolly a few more that i dont of... no tellin how many i'm missin from his busch series career

more of his wins being at those tracks vs his wins at Talladega and Daytona.

elmer91
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
*there only restrictor plate races*:rolleyes: yall talk like you've been doin it for years.

Dale Jr is a well rounded driver, and no matter what he just cant impress no one. if he won every race this year the excuse would be "because he's in a hendrick car, and even a monkey could win in a hendrick car"

wins at Bristol, Atlanta, Texas, Michigan, Dover, Kansas, Phoenix, Richmond and prolly a few more that i dont of... no tellin how many i'm missin from his busch series career

my view is coming from how well he does at them, yes, he does great at other tracks, but he is his fathers son, restictor plate tracks are where he is just about always good at. i was watching the qualifying, and they said he had never started the Daytona any further back than 8th. just my opinion....

RideRed84
02-14-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm excited, I have just became a Dale Jr. fan Now that he's on hendrik and gibbs has gone to toyota.

jrspawn
02-14-2008, 09:29 PM
He has the Best(i know most will disagree) Team behind him now. And that Does help him alot. Car setup and knowledge is one of the most important things, and now he's with a group that has proven thereselfs even through the changes of the sport here lately. I think this year will be a VERY interesting year to say the least.

Thank you
Justin

Dave400ex
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Jrspawn if anyone disagrees with him being a part of the best team they are crazy. Hendrick is the BEST right now, PERIOD. He should have a good year.

bradley300
02-15-2008, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by redlineranger

in just his cup career, for points races he has 5 wins at talledege, at least 2 at daytona (i think 3), so 7 or 8 of 17 so nearly half of his wins come from restrictor plate races. he's heck of a restrictor plate racer, but i wouldnt call him well rounded with such lopsided results at restictor plate vs. normal tracks. not a huge deal, but he's as good on a restrictor plate track as he is bad on a road course. the well rounded drivers have won on every track out there and not had to rely on 2 of nearly 20 tracks to rack up wins

elmer91
02-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Another good thing for this year, is that with his move, his crew chief is followed him, and they have been together for years.

redlineranger
02-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
in just his cup career, for points races he has 5 wins at talledege, at least 2 at daytona (i think 3), so 7 or 8 of 17 so nearly half of his wins come from restrictor plate races. he's heck of a restrictor plate racer, but i wouldnt call him well rounded with such lopsided results at restictor plate vs. normal tracks. not a huge deal, but he's as good on a restrictor plate track as he is bad on a road course. the well rounded drivers have won on every track out there and not had to rely on 2 of nearly 20 tracks to rack up wins

i really dont think he rely's on 2 tracks. every time they go to atlanta, texas, charlotte, bristol, richmond, michigan, phoenix, and even a few more, he's a top contender and always a pick to win the race. i might sound biased just because im a huge nascar fan and a huge fan of his, but i believe he's one of the best damn drivers in the sport and he's only gonna get better with the best team in nascar.

your right... im not trying to argue with anyone i just hate it for the guy. he never gets enough credit for his driving ability. its always the same sh*t "ah he's just living off his dads name"... i guess dominating the busch series while he was there wasnt enough to prove him self, or his respectable Sprint Cup career isnt enough for all the critics.

i wouldnt call his results at other tracks lopsided though.... maybe road course's yes... the last few years he's improved though.. he should've won watkins glen last season but his great DEI engine grenaded on him, like so many other times last year. if it werent for all the grenaded engines last year, i strongly believe he was a top 3 finisher in the championship. easily he would've won 8 or 9 races last year. he and his team were always in position but he couldnt do it without a reliable engine.

but my point is, is that he's always been fast, and he's only gonna get faster now. he's matured and his stats will improve. alot of people dont give his cousin Tony Eury Jr enough credit for his knowledge in car set ups, but that guy knows his stuff. he's amazing with short track and all of the mile and a half tracks that are similar, which means most of the nascar circuit. this year they will raise alot of eyebrows i assure you that. im pretty sure they already have. they've got motors that are reliable, and very very strong, and they've got the drive to prove them selves.

88 in 08, i do believe this is his year.

02-15-2008, 08:53 AM
It would be great if he won the 500 and turned to the camera flipped it the bird and said f-you teresa lol. of course he wouldnt but i want him to really stick it to teresa by winning and such.

300exOH
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I think there are 2 reasons why JR was good at restrictor plate races... That was DEI's specialty plus the fact that he inherited his fathers ability to "see" the air and use drafting techniques to win races. DEI never had a strong engine program otherwise (which was obvious when the engines were blowing up all season long). I think things will change on the smaller tracks now the he is with the new team. Hendrick has a much better overall program and I think it's going to show on the short tracks. I don't know that he'll do very well on road courses but we'll have to wait and see. Johnson and Gordon have always had strong cars on every track so I see no reason why JR can't do well at any of the tracks this year.

I agree with foxhondarider...I hope Teresa gets what is coming to her. I'd like to see DEI go down in flames with Teresa. She doesn't have much for drivers to rely on. Truex isn't fit to drive a shopping cart so I don't see DEI doing very well this year.

bradley300
02-15-2008, 09:24 AM
i dont think truex is that bad, and regan smith will probably win ROY this year. i'm not sure about almorola yet, but paul menard has already had to buy his way into the top 35 once and i'm not sure he'll ever be that good

300exOH
02-15-2008, 09:47 AM
i dont think truex is that bad, and regan smith will probably win ROY this year. i'm not sure about almorola yet, but paul menard has already had to buy his way into the top 35 once and i'm not sure he'll ever be that good

Truex is okay but I don't think he'll ever make the ranks with guys like JR, Gordon, Johnson etc... Regan Smith is probably DEI's best hope for getting wins this year. Paul Menard is another Steve Park and I don't see him doing very well either. The ONLY way DEI will have any success is if they buy their way in because there isn't much talent there IMO. Teresa is the only one from DEI doing any real driving...driving the company into the ground. :rolleyes:

bradley300
02-15-2008, 09:54 AM
your probably right.

i'm a MWR, Ganassi, BDR, Red Bull guy myself, so most people just think i'm crazy

300exOH
02-15-2008, 10:07 AM
your probably right.

i'm a MWR, Ganassi, BDR, Red Bull guy myself, so most people just think i'm crazy

Whats MWR and BDR?

redlineranger
02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Truex is okay but I don't think he'll ever make the ranks with guys like JR, Gordon, Johnson etc... Regan Smith is probably DEI's best hope for getting wins this year. Paul Menard is another Steve Park and I don't see him doing very well either. The ONLY way DEI will have any success is if they buy their way in because there isn't much talent there IMO. Teresa is the only one from DEI doing any real driving...driving the company into the ground. :rolleyes:

Steve Park was on his way to stardom before 2 very hard crashes ruined his career. and then came back and had that freak accident at Darlington and that put the icing on the cake for him, he knows he's done.

Martin Truex Jr. could drive circles around Regan Smith.

redlineranger
02-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Whats MWR and BDR?

Michael Waltrip Racing

Bill Davis Racing

there Toyota guys(nothing wrong with the Yota's just pointin it out)

300exOH
02-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Yea Steve Park was an up and comer until the accident. After that he never could seem to get it together.

Don't even get me started on the toyota thing. lol Personally I think it's complete BS that they let them into the sport. NASCAR is supposed to be an american sport NOT japanese-american... sorry if that offends anyone. It was meant to be a battle between the american big 3. When I look at a Camry I just don't see a racecar.

I feel bad for Waltrip but he brought it on himself for moving to the dark side.:chinese:

redlineranger
02-15-2008, 02:39 PM

When I look at a Camry I just don't see a racecar.

when i look at the camry now i see the impala, the fusion, and the avenger... just with different decals.

the only thing different is whats under the hood.

im still with you though i think it should just be american made cars. :blah: .... now all kind of foreign brand cars are gonna want in

bradley300
02-15-2008, 03:07 PM

Don't even get me started on the toyota thing. lol Personally I think it's complete BS that they let them into the sport. NASCAR is supposed to be an american sport NOT japanese-american... sorry if that offends anyone. It was meant to be a battle between the american big 3. When I look at a Camry I just don't see a racecar.

i just dont see how anyone that knows anything about NASCAR can say that. the first daytona race on the beach was won by a Hudson (english), and actually the Hudsons did quite well for a while. there used to be as many foriegn makes at the races as domestic ones. it was never meant to be a battle just for american cars and honestly, i dont see how anyone can say they are the best if they wont accept all challengers

bradley300
02-15-2008, 03:09 PM
When I look at a Camry I just don't see a racecar.

but you do when you see a taurus?:huh

ZSNOW
02-15-2008, 03:25 PM
one thing i never understood about nascar is why they used big cars not eh sports cars that the companys had out. like a comaro or a boss(i know they were in the trans am). but i never understood why you would race a taurus a impala or why the he** would you race a car called a "grand prix"(grand prix is a whole different race) in NASCAR? lol

earnhardt has always been a household racing name. but earnhardt will def. do better this year now that he doesn't have a Dou*** of a team owner.

bradley300
02-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
why the he** would you race a car called a "grand prix"(grand prix is a whole different race) in NASCAR? lol

never thought about that, but its funny. did you know originally a trans am motor was too big to race in the trans am series?

bradley300
02-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by ZSNOW
one thing i never understood about nascar is why they used big cars not eh sports cars that the companys had out. like a comaro or a boss(i know they were in the trans am). but i never understood why you would race a taurus a impala .

it goes way back to the begining when this was more of a poor mans sport. a sorts car wasnt practical for most people so it would have been a second or 3rd car which most couldnt afford. it was people racing what they had. practical sedans. alot of times the racer would pack his whole family in the family crusier, drive it to the race, race it, then drive it back home. as the sport evolved, it never left its sedan roots

Latemodel32
02-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Im a Big Tony Stewart and Dale Jr fan . I get ragged on at work for JR going to hendrick. But as i tell them " If you cant beat em join them" (Jeffy & Jimmy) .

300exOH
02-18-2008, 10:24 PM
i just dont see how anyone that knows anything about NASCAR can say that. the first daytona race on the beach was won by a Hudson (english), and actually the Hudsons did quite well for a while. there used to be as many foriegn makes at the races as domestic ones. it was never meant to be a battle just for american cars and honestly, i dont see how anyone can say they are the best if they wont accept all challengers

I see your point but I still don't see the little japanese windup toys as nascars. At least the hudsons were a large/midsize car with a factory V8. And no... I don't see a racecar when I look at the taurus/fusion ford POS's. At least the impalas/montes are actually a fullsize car.

side note: Does anyone else think it was complete BS when there was so much radio traffic that JR couldn't even talk with his crew to make his pit stop near the end of the race? With all the modern technology these days why don't they have individual frequencies for each car/team? I think JR could've won if he had been able to make that last pitstop.

redlineranger
02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
I see your point but I still don't see the little japanese windup toys as nascars. At least the hudsons were a large/midsize car with a factory V8. And no... I don't see a racecar when I look at the taurus/fusion ford POS's. At least the impalas/montes are actually a fullsize car.

side note: Does anyone else think it was complete BS when there was so much radio traffic that JR couldn't even talk with his crew to make his pit stop near the end of the race? With all the modern technology these days why don't they have individual frequencies for each car/team? I think JR could've won if he had been able to make that last pitstop.

i believe if dale jr would've pitted he would've won also, IF, he woulda had a little bit of help at the end.

i dont know if anyone did this durin the Bud Shootout, but they had the Trackpass and Scanner free on NASCAR.com and you wouldnt believe how much jibberin is goin on of Dale JR's radio. its rediculous(sp?)

at first i was thinkin BS when they said at the end that they couldnt hear each other but it made me remember what i was listening to during the Shootout and that was very much the reason he did not pit.

i agree they should have some better form of radio/scanners for the teams.

redlineranger
02-19-2008, 08:41 AM
but then again if he would've pitted he woulda be screwed because he woulda been at the end of the longest line (which was like 30 something cars on the lead lap), and only like 15-19 laps left if he woulda pitted when they had the miscommunication error. now i know thats plenty of time with the way the draft works in the restrictor plate races, but all of his teammates were knocked out and no one was really helping him so it just came down to not havin much help, and the miscommunication error.

this will be a good season for Dale Jr. , and alot of others in 2008