PDA

View Full Version : 300ex cobra exaust?

Honda4life05
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
i have a straight throught cobra exaust,with mid pipe,i have the stock jets in an with a k&n filter, will it hurt the quad if i ran the exaust without jetting it? will there be any power gain? [THIS PIPE IS LOUDDDDD!]

THANKS,AARON

300exOH
02-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Honda4life05
i have a straight throught cobra exaust,with mid pipe,i have the stock jets in an with a k&n filter, will it hurt the quad if i ran the exaust without jetting it? will there be any power gain? [THIS PIPE IS LOUDDDDD!]

THANKS,AARON

I would rejet before you cause any damage. With the stock jets you will be way too lean and it will cause too much heat which could burn up the piston. You won't really notice any power increase unless you rejet. I hate to tell you but the cobra pipe is probably the worst on the market for the 300. Most will agree that even with proper jetting you will see very little power increase over the stock pipe. Just a lot of unnecessary noise.:ermm:

JohnT_98300EX
02-15-2008, 04:16 AM
Had a friend find out the very same thing. WAY loud and no noticeable power gain even after re-jetting. This was on a Warrior, but the same can probably be expected on your EX.

Honda4life05
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
ok, thanks of the replys..do u kno of any good exausts that pretty quiet an get good power?

JIMFROMTEXCO
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
imo-there is only 2 ways to do an exhaust on a 300, sparks or white brother header/hmf can.

it is what i would run if i didnt havethe 350x in my frame.