PDA

View Full Version : 300ex fmf q2 exaust

Honda4life05
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I am looking for an exaust to gain power but be quiet. Will the fmf q2 slip on gain me any power or will i need the mid pipe? how loud is the pipe{any comparisants?}

thanks,aaron

JohnT_98300EX
02-15-2008, 04:34 AM
Aaron, I have the Q2 on my EX, with the header. I think it was a great choice. The sound is not everly loud but the tone is totally different. Deeper, more throaty. It definately pulls harder and "feels a bit faster on top. I am going to give a 14 tooth front sprocket a try again with this pipe and muffler combo. I would only be guessing if the muffler alone would be the same. But at $320 delivered I would get the whole system. http://jcmotors.com/

A couple things. Get a 128 main jet at the same time. Don't even go around the block on the stock jetting or the pipe will turn many colors in a few short minutes. And open up the air box a bit. I added 6 of the Uni oiled filters (little circle shaped filters) to the top of the air box.

The headpipe DOES fit. When you first try, and 2 of your buddies try, and then all 3 of you try again, you will be convinced that it just does not fit. Stan and I had our backs turned when Pat was trying to get the pipe unstuck from where he had it. We heard a "Clunk" and Pat started to laugh. He could then take the pipe off and on with one hand in about 2 seconds. I had even removed a motor mount but until you get it lined up just so, ,,,,,you get the idea.

The pipe looks great, sounds better than it looks, and does deliver more pull across the rev band.

Honda4life05
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
ok..thanks u for the help..i have a dynojet jet kit thar came with the quad will it work with the pipe?..can u make any comparisants to how loud the pipe is..(mean neighbors)..thanx again

aaron

JohnT_98300EX
02-16-2008, 05:53 AM
It is just a bit louder than stock at low rpm, sound deeper and more throaty. Very neighbor and village laws friendly. It is louder than stock of course, but not so much as to be a problem. I guess if you want to make the neighbors happy that should not be a problem.
If ya want to p1$$ them off, you could I guess. I don't know your neighbors, so I am guessing.
It is one of the quietest performance pipes you can buy.
If the dyno jet kit has a 128 and (or) a 130 you should be set. FMF recomends stock needle and pilot, 128 or 130 main jet and some snorkel relief. This seems to work fine with mine.

Honda4life05
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
ok..yah i found the whole system for 300 with shipping