PDA

View Full Version : 400ex a-arms on 300ex

Sparky Johnson
02-14-2008, 03:02 PM
My buddy has an old 400ex he is parting out and i was wondering if the a arms would fit on my 300. And i was also wondering if i had to buy longer brake lines and what-not...And how much wider it would be...

thanks...

DJR300ex
02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
man, theres so many threads about this... but yeah theyll bolt right up. you can use the stock brake lines, but you should also get a set of 400ex or 450r front shocks along with the shock mount bracket. your stock shocks will be way too soft if you use them with the longer a-arms. im not real sure about how much wider they are.. if i remember right its about 1.25 inches on each side. heres a pic of my old one, i used stock 250r a-arms (which are the same length as the 400ex) so this should give you an idea as to how wide it should be. i used offset rims though, so its a little wider than it would be with the stock ones.

chumbini
02-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi I did it as well. look on eBay for the shock relocator kit. I used my stock brakelines and spindles. Do not use 400 spindles or you will have seriously negative camber (top of wheels angled inward). If you can swing for it, buy 450r shocks instead of 400ex shocks. they are so much more adjustable and the ride is phenomenal. I also put a 2001 raptor rear shock on it. It is adjustable as well and has a remote canister. I mostly ride trails and I love the smoothness. i hope it helps

chumbini
02-18-2008, 04:34 PM
I almost forgot. You have to use the 400ex tie-rods as well. Don't worry about the ends as they are the same as a 300ex.