PDA

View Full Version : Torn between 2 minis

cbrooks118
02-14-2008, 01:52 PM
I have been looking for a sport quad for my six year old for a while now. I havent been able to find a good deal on a used one locally , and for the ones on eBay once i factored in driving times or shipping they were no longer that great of a deal. Well today an opoprtunity has presented itself. My father has boughten a nice used rhino off of eBay and is going this weekend to California to pick it up. He will be going through Phoenix, and i happened to look at their craigslist and have found two minis that i am interested in.

The first one is a 2000 LT80. It has an aftermarket headlight, new battery, stator, exhaust, uni airfilter, a lighted whip, aluminum tires, paddles, and an extended front end. It is yellow/black. It is $1200

The second is an 06 Predator 90. It has a pipe, CDI, uni filter, widened front end and 12" billet shocks. It has an extra set of aluminum rims with it. His daughter raced 1/2 a season on it before losing interest. He did see a crack in frame near the peg, and it has been re-welded and put a gusset kit on it. (this is the only thing that concerns me)
It is $1100.00

Which one do you guys think? Anyone with mini experience feel free to chim in here.
My daughter will only be riding on dirt and sand, and ti doubt she will race

The LT's # on phoenix craiglist is 568251641
The predator is the first 90 that pops up after search if you want to see pics

Thanks

mx825
02-14-2008, 06:07 PM
i'd go with the Predator. it's newer, cheaper, and the front end is wider. it'll be much more stable for a new rider and a crack isn't that big of a deal as long as it is small. i'd stop by both houses and check them out though.;)

HondaEXrider22
02-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Offer both 800 cash and see which bites for it.

mxdad
02-15-2008, 09:50 AM
LT80 has zero suspension

06 Preddy not bad but our 04 had issues with water!!!

Look in the mini section and check out DRR/DRX. They are 41" - 44" wide stock, dual a-arms, etc... and can be mod'd to grow with your kid. We have been thru 6 mini's in the past few years and the DRR/DRX is by far the best we have come across.

There is a dealer in the mini section as well that could ship to your door if you made a deal. You can also find tons of these used since they are so popular these days.