PDA

View Full Version : mod from 400ex plastic to 400ex plastic?

400thacker
02-14-2008, 01:21 PM
I bought a set of 250r white full fender oem fenders front and rear and would like to know what i will have to do to make this work and look good. are the front tabs alligned the same and what about the seat and tank cover? o don't want the stock black tank showing on my quad and i don't think there is a conversion tank cover is there?
if i can't get it to work than i will sell the fenders for about what i have in them which is $150. I think i got a good price on a great set of full fender oem fenders, don't you?

400thacker
02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
can you guys post some pics of your 400ex's with 250r plastics?

Hondamaster5505
02-14-2008, 02:32 PM
The frame geometries are VERY similar, so i would suspect it wouldnt be hard at all to convert them.:D

dustin_j
02-14-2008, 02:34 PM
If you already have your 250r fenders: try taking off your 400 fenders and just lay the 250rs over top the quad. This will tell you how close things line up. I've never seen a 400ex with 250r fenders; I too would like to see some pics. Good luck!

400thacker
02-14-2008, 05:31 PM
you mean no one on here has done this mod? i don't think i believe that! lol
well so far the fronts will bolt up perfectly but...
on the rear i will have to relocate the battery under the seat and the sub frame on the 400ex is a little wider than on the 250r. i may have to move my rear brake res some how.
i could use some help on what others have done though

Hondamaster5505
02-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 400thacker
you mean no one on here has done this mod? i don't think i believe that! lol
well so far the fronts will bolt up perfectly but...
on the rear i will have to relocate the battery under the seat and the sub frame on the 400ex is a little wider than on the 250r. i may have to move my rear brake res some how.
i could use some help on what others have done though

I heard the 250r subframe bolts onto the 400ex frame. That would solve the rear fender issue.

400thacker
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
wow...it's lookin good. I had to cut out under the seat on the r plastic to get the seat to mount correctly. the length isn't a big issue. i have got them setting on it and they look freakin great! I have to make some mount extensions for the front to raise the plastic up enough to set over the top of the gas tank. the front looks great. i love this look! i have to relocate the battery under teh seat in the breather box so the only real mods is making the front brakets which are straight with a hole at each end, getting a longer ground wire and cutting the breather box to recess the battery down into the rear of it and cutting under the rear seat and drilling bolt holes for it. other that that it is a bolt on mod. i will post pics asap. prolly tomorrow or sunday.