PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a stock Carb. for trade?

beobe99
02-14-2008, 04:01 AM
I would like to trade for a stock oem Carb.. I’m hoping someone has one laying around and wouldn’t mind taking this one to mess with.

I have a TMX Mikuni 36MM

I bought this off ebay with being told its the same carb that ESR sells on there site (the Mikuni 36mm tmx) It IS a Mikuni and IS the TMX model no doubt. I just can’t confirm the 36mm. anyone know how?

Regardless I'm pretty sure it needs a rebuild or some parts replaced. The Idle screw I bought from Sudco barely lifts the slide (maybe 1/16th). And I think the Choke also needs to be replaced.

For alls I know the carbs fine but I’m having issues getting my R project started (again)(it started but next day wouldn’t) and am convinced its the carb (I’m getting fuel, getting spark, and compression is 170) I just think its either not getting enough fuel, or to much.) When it started it sounded mumbly and not like your typical ding ding ding that 2-stroke gives off. it also wasnt idling high like a cold start does. I tried adjusting the idle and it did nothing to the rpm's. I put the choke down and nothing changed. I THINK what happen was fuel finally got fully threw the carb and is now flooding it out to where it wont start. Or the choke has an issue and I just got lucky with the one day it started (it was like 50 degrees when it started and is now around 20-30 degrees)

Basically I’m taking the easy way out to either fix or write off this as being the issue. I know it sounds crazy for anyone to trade a perfectly fine carb for one that needs a rebuild but this could be a nice upgrade for someone if you have more patients then me.

let me know

86 Quad R
02-14-2008, 07:46 AM
you have a mechanics ruler? if so, measure the bore of the carb from the slide area (the floor to roof of the bore) and convert to metric.

garrettagr
02-14-2008, 08:19 AM
hey, i got a stock carb that i would trade you for. It will also come with a cable. let me know