PDA

View Full Version : YZ kill button as starter button questions

rollie
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
I just hooked mine up to my 07, when i first pressed it it did nothing, then the second press it started up, then i tryed it again and it backfired, tryed it again nothing, tryed it again it started right up, after 4 or 5 trys my battery went dead, its real cold in my garage and it hasnt run in a few days. Did i hook the killswitch up wrong or did my battery just die?

I'm going to charge the battery tommrow then see how it works.

as long as when i press the button it starts it should be hooked up correct right? or maybe i did something wrong

Thanks!!!

blacknblue#2
02-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I just done this to mine about 3 weeks ago. I just cut the wires off on the original start button and spliced the wires with the two wires off the yz kill switch. I dont think it would matter which wire goes where the way the kill button works as long as current gets through it to the starter. Mine has not given me any problem in 3 weeks other than me hittin it all the time trying to shut the quad off cause i used the little orange kill switch alot...... sounds like a battery if it went dead that fast

stumpleg
02-14-2008, 07:02 AM
They can be tempermental. Make sure you are pressing it firmly or it may not be connecting. It has happened to me before.

rollie
02-14-2008, 06:24 PM
ok it just seems like its draining the battery WAY down. i think i have it hooked up right? i have the black/white wire(yz killswitch) going to the yellow/red one(quad) then the all black one hooked up to the stock all black one, it backfires alot when i try to start it, i stuck the two stock killswitch wires together and it doesnt start so i assume they dont need to be connected, any help is awesome, thanks!

pro-rider46
02-14-2008, 07:10 PM
sounds like it doesnt like the cold, or it could be a dead battery? idk if you got to ride it yet after your rebuild but is your jetting dialed in?

P.S. will a yz killswitch work as a switch for nitrous solenoids? rollie if you feel like im hi jacking the thread, i will delete this part...

TRX450RACER174
02-14-2008, 07:24 PM
Mine works fine the only thing could be a bad connection or a bad switch, I never have any probs and have had it like this for over a year now.

fsteunf
02-14-2008, 08:21 PM
What do you do with the stock kill switch wires?

d3ktrix
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
The back firing while starting could be lean jetting caused by the cold temps.

rollie
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
sounds like it doesnt like the cold, or it could be a dead battery? idk if you got to ride it yet after your rebuild but is your jetting dialed in?

P.S. will a yz killswitch work as a switch for nitrous solenoids? rollie if you feel like im hi jacking the thread, i will delete this part...

No big deal, its all good:cool: ]

i figured it out and it turned out to be a combation of lean jetting because of the cold, and the battery was close to dead. thanks guys